Start a new topic
Implemented

Shortcut keys for copy username and password

Hello,

Would it be possible to add shortcut keys to the Copy to clipboard - Username and Copy to clipboard - Password context menu's?

For example ⌘ u and ⌘ p 

Cheers!

Please see the following KB article: https://www.royalapps.com/go/kb-ts-mac-keyboardshortcuts

Does that work for you?

cheers,

felix

Hello, thanks for your reply. 

That method doesn't really work for this use case; When having multiple connections with different accounts then shortcut keys should be context aware, I mean copying the information from the currently selected item in the left pane (or from its parent when Use credentials from parent folder is configured)

Hi Danee,

I see no reason why this wouldn't work for your use case, unless I misunderstand it.

Basically what this method does is that it adds a keyboard shortcut to any menu item with the specified name. If such a menu item is in the menu and is enabled, it will trigger the item's action once you press the configured keyboard shortcut. So in this case, you would add a shortcut for menu item's labeled "Username". Then, when you select an object in the navigation panel and hit the shortcut, it should trigger the copy action for the selected object.

Can you please verify if this works?

thx,

felix

Hi Felix,

Thanks again for you reply, The reason why it doesn't work for me is that it always copy the username from the item I had selected at the time I made the shortcut key. 

I have several connections configured were a lot have a unique Account attached (either directly or inherited from the parent) and I don't want to setup a shortcut key per connection (would be impossible, not enough keys on a keyboard lol)

I can imagine this working for connections as in the instructions because I expect the connection names to be unique (within a document) but the Username and Password menu items are present on any item and enabled on all items that have (or inherit) a Username and Password.

Hope this makes sense, 

Thanks,

Danee 

Hi Danee,

we just released a new V5 beta version which should fix this issue.

You can get the beta here: https://www.royalapps.com/ts/mac/features-beta

The only slight inconvenience remaining is that you need to open the "Copy to Clipboard" menu at least once after starting Royal TSX to have the custom keyboard shortcut applied.

Please let me know how it works for you!

thx,

felix

Hi Felix,

Just tested the new version, it works great! Fantastic, I'm very happy with it!

One minor thing that doesn't impact functionality but for just for the UI.

When you right click an item only the first time the shortcuts keys are shown like this:

Every subsequent time you right click the shortcut keys don't display but still work.

Thanks,

Danee

Hi Danee,

yeah, I noticed that too but unfortunately haven't found the reason or a fix for that behavior.

I guess we'll have to live with that...

cheers,

felix

Hi Felix,

Yeah, it showing is less important that it actually working (perfect btw)

It’s just hard for users that don’t know about this to find it.

Thanks for your effort!

Cheers,

Danee

Login or Signup to post a comment