Start a new topic
Implemented

Command line support on MacOS

Hello,

I've been reading the support documentation of Royal TS, and the Command Line documentation looks to be very Windows oriented.

I wanted to use the same Command Line options on MacOS, but it doesn't seem to work.

If it's not supported, will it be in the future?

I'm asking because I can't seem to be able to use the "URI" properly when it comes to RDP session.

When I use "open" in my Terminal with a quoted "rtsx://..." URI, each time I add a query string, the connection fails without error (it looks like it tries to connect but closes immediately). Without the appended query string (that I use to name my adhoc connection window), it works flawlessly.

Kind regards,

RS

Hi,

we have no plans to add a CLI to Royal TSX at the moment.

We do however support the "rtsx" URI scheme as you mentioned.

Could you please give us an example of an URI you're using that fails?

Documentation for this feature is available here and here.

cheers,

felix

Hello Felix,

Thank you for your answer.

I'm running Royal TSX within a bash script with the "open" command.

open -n -F -W "rtsx://rdp%3a%2f%2f$USERNAME%3a$ENCPASSWORD@localhost%3a${LOCALPORT}?property_Name=${SERVER}"

The above command actually doesn't work. It starts Royal TSX and I can see the RDP url in Royal TSX, but it doesn't work because the query string is added to the RDP URL (I don't think that's supposed to happen, is it?)

If I manually remove the query string in Royal TSX (or if I remove it in my script), it works properly and it connects to my Windows machine.

I followed this manual when I created my bash script:

https://content.royalapplications.com/Help/RoyalTS/V5/index.html?advanced_urischeme.htm

Is this not applicable to MacOS?

Should I use AppleScript?

Kind regards,

RS

Hi,

the "property_Name=" syntax is not available on macOS at the moment.

I'm moving your thread to the "Ideas" forum.

cheers,

felix

Hello felix,

Thank you for your reply.

Does it mean that the query string parameters are not supported at all on macOS for now?

Because even without "property_Name", and just specifying action, or using, it fails.

Anyway, thank you for moving my threads to ideas, I think it'd be great to at least support the full URI scheme that is available for Windows on macOS. :)

Kind regards,

RS

1 person likes this

Hi,

yes, the parameters supplied via querystring are not supported in Royal TSX (for macOS) at the moment.

cheers,

felix

Hello Felix,

About this, are there any plans on supporting it in the future?

Is it something that can be implemented easily or would it take a long time?

I just want to know if I wait for this to appear or if I need to look for another software to support this.

I actually quite like Royal TS, so I'm trying to stick to it. :)

Thanks!

RS

Hi,

we have no short term plans for implementing this.

What properties would you like to set using this method?

thx,

felix

Hello Felix,

Well, in the context of an RDP connection, I'd like to be able to name connection, share a local folder and fix the resolution.

Kind regards,

RS

Hi there,

thx for letting me know your use cases.

Unfortunately it's not currently possible to override those values using ad hoc connections. Since ad hoc connections are based on the default settings for the respective connection type, you could modify your default settings to reflect the configuration you need. Obviously this would apply to all ad hoc connections and any newly created connections.

cheers,

felix

Hello Felix,

Unless I'm mistaken, I haven't found a way to add "defaults" for ad-hoc RDP connections.

Is that possible? Can I add a default shared folder for every RDP connection I create ad-hoc?

Kind regards,

RS

Hi,

the default settings located under "Application - Default Settings - Connection Types (i.e. Remote Desktop)" apply to ad hoc connections as well as newly created regular connections.

So any changes you make to those default settings will also apply to ad hoc connections.

cheers,

felix

Hello Felix,

Should I create a new feature request focused solely on the ability to name an ad-hoc connection?

Kind regards,

rs

Hi, no need for a separate feature request because it would be covered by the query string style parameters anyway. Cheers, Felix

Hi Felix

Any news on this?

Login or Signup to post a comment