Start a new topic

Proxy inheritance

This is a UI followup to the RDP proxy configuration idea. I would like to set the proxy for a folder and have all child connections (and child folders) able to point at that folder's proxy.

One possibility would be an alternative type for Secure Gateway, which already has inheritance. I know that Secure Gateway is used for other types of connections as well. Some plugins like SSH should already be able to interpret the proxy options in a way that makes sense (ssh -o 'ProxyCommand nc -x localhost:56789 %h %p' example.com for SOCKS). I do not know about VNC, Web page, or other plugins. Maybe a PAC can be generated for Web pages?

Once again, thank you for the RDP proxy stuff. I have been showing it around the office.

Hi Michael,

until a separate "Proxy" object type is available, you could use a connection template with your proxy settings.

cheers,

felix

1 person likes this

Oh, and if you always need the proxy for certain connection you can use bulk-edit to apply the settings to multiple connections at once: https://www.royalapplications.com/go/kb-ts-mac-bulkedit

1 person likes this

Hi Felix,

TSX is a hit and by now most of the tech staff have licenses! Ironically, that has made this request somewhat more important. We have a shared connection document, but different people use different methods for gateways.

I have a connection template that can apply the proxy, but I'd really rather double-click the connection to load it, instead of Right-click > Templates > find the right one > Now the connection is Ad-Hoc.

I can't figure out how to get "Overrides" to work, either. (I don't really want to use Overrides, since some connections need different proxies or no proxy, but it would sufficient for the connections I use most often.)

The Bulk-Edit trick was helpful when it was just me, but I can't enforce my proxy scheme on the rest of the office. ;-) Thanks again.

Hi Michael,

overrides are only applied when holding the option/alt key while opening the connection by default. This behavior can be configured under "Preferences - Behavior - Modifiers".

cheers,

felix

Right, I found that. What I could not find was Step 2: "Click the Edit Overrides drop down button." (Which I now see is in the "Dashboard" alternative to the "Overview" tab.)

Exactly! So you're good now?

Login or Signup to post a comment