Start a new topic
Implemented

Option To open with collapsed view or persistent view states.

I have multiple documents with multiple folders + subfolders  that need to be opened regularly. It would make navigation much easier if the app could be loaded with either a default collapsed view or if there was a way to save the collapsed/expanded state when you save a document.

2 people like this idea

Not sure about a button, but you can click on a folder in the windows version.  Then double click on it.  Everything below it collapses.

Hi Brian,

there are a couple of things discussed in this thread which applies to mac OS specifics. Please ask your question in one of the Windows forums and specify precisely what feature you are looking for.

Thank you,

Stefan

Does this option exist in RoyalTS for Windows v5.3.60720?  If so, how do I add the button?

Yes, you can customize the toolbar at the top with an expand/collapse button.

Is there a way to collapse the navigation from royal ts windows?  Im on 5.1.  I have collapsed my file and saved it.  So, everything is collapsed when opening.  But the nav gets messy after a few days.  I tried the hover over the file name and <ALT>.  I didnt see anyway to collapse.  Thx

Perfect! Glad I could help!

cheers,

felix

That seems to have done the trick. Thank you!

Will,

you will have to save the document in that state for it to be persisted.

So basically collapse your document, then select the document in the navigation panel and go to "File - Save Document".

Does that work for you?

thx,

felix

The toolbar toggle/shortcut is an excellent addition! View persistence does not seem to work for me. I'm assuming something with my setup. Any suggestions?

Hi there,

I'm happy to report that Royal TSX 4.0 has been released and includes this feature.

For more information about the major new features of Royal TSX 4.0, please head over to our major upgrade landing page.

cheers,

felix

Will do! Thx, Joe!

Hey Felix That is absolutely sensational, thank you Keep up the great work :D Cheers Joe

Hi there,

the first public beta of Royal TSX V4 includes these changes:

* The expansion state of documents is now honored when loading documents

* New Expand/Collapse All toolbar item

Hope that's what you're looking for!

cheers,

felix

We will also support a new toolbar item for expanding/collapsing all items in the next major release of Royal TSX.

cheers,

felix

Hi everyone,

you can expand/collapse all objects of a document by hovering over it's title in the navigation panel (sidebar), then holding the option/alt key and clicking the "Show/Hide" button.

This is the same feature that works across most Mac apps, including the Finder.

Hope that helps!

cheers,

felix

Login or Signup to post a comment