Start a new topic

Royal TSL (Linux)

Hi Felix and team! I was wondering if you guys have ever tossed around the idea of a full fledged Linux version of the Royal Applications suite. I love this product so much on macOS that I would love to see it on my Ubuntu Desktop at home. :)

12 people like this idea

I'd happily pay for a Linux version of Royal TS/X - it's a great product that offers significant advantages over the freeware offerings on the Linux platform. 

4 people like this

+1 For a Linux Version. Even if it only covers basics like SSH Browser RDP and File Transfer.

3 people like this

Royal TS works on android, so why it's not working at linux ?

2 people like this

Plus 1 here also.  I am an Implementation Practice Lead and I deliver Infrastructure solutions.  There is no telling what type of guest/client my customers will give me.  If this app worked in Linux, then I could stop hassling with Windows all together.  I understand that there are some constraints, especially around the browser and shell integration.  That said there are so many third party software bundles, that there should be no problem matching most of the plugins for MacOS.

2 people like this

Casting a vote too, I wonder, how is it possible that there is no Linux client yet? When can we expect a Linux client? I left windows.

1 person likes this

+1 will be fantastic!

1 person likes this

Hello, need a way to do it without VM, please help.

1 person likes this

+1, I too mostly administer Linux systems via RoyalTS, I only use windows at work because i have to

1 person likes this

+1 for Royal TSL!

1 person likes this

+1 for linux !

Thanks

1 person likes this

+1 vote for a linux version. 

I am glad that I came from RDM to RoyalTS and appreciate the program. But the missing Linux version always makes me look back

1 person likes this

Hi Team,

Can we please get a version of Royal TS for Linux in 2021?

Royal TS is the ONLY app I have that requires Windows (and that I have to run a dedicated virtual machine just to use).

1 person likes this

A workaround is just to install RoyalTS on a Windows 10 VM and RDP into it.

The performance I'm seeing over LAN is so good I can't even tell its not running locally.

sudo apt-get install freerdp

/usr/bin/xfreerdp /u:USERNAME /p:"PASSWORD" /f /compression-level:0 +offscreen-cache +bitmap-cache +auto-reconnect /bpp:32 /codec-cache:rfx /smart-sizing /scale:180 /scale-desktop:250 /v:192.168.0.24:3389

I did try other Linux RDP solutions but free RDP with that launch code has been working flawlessly for me.

Note that scale and scale-desktop settings that adjusts it for Hi DPI, read the freerdp man page for values.

1 person likes this

Please remember that there are customers like me who's main use of Royal TS is administering Linux systems via SSH and Proxmox web GUI.

I'd really like to see a Royal TS client that can run on Linux, I'd happily pay for a copy just like Windows and Mac.

1 person likes this

I am posting requesting this again.  Right now I am using Remminia which flat out just does not compare.  I'd take a limited feature port and pay for it at this point.  Other software vendors are charging so this is not out of the question, and with modern development tools the port has to be minimum.  Just do debian and rpm and there all the major distros are covered.

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment