Start a new topic
Implemented

Setting DPI in Windows Session

Microsoft has been supporting setting the DPI of a Windows Remote Session for the last couple of years, and other apps like Microsofts own Remote Desktop Client and Jump Desktop has implemented this feature.

I really miss this setting from Royal TSX. This is supported on the Windows-version of Royal TS, but still not on the Mac.

I hope you can implement this feature in the near future.

Example screenshot from Jump Desktop, where this feature is called "Desktop Scale":

Thank you

Daniel

I wonder if this feature has been removed again, as I can only set a DPI scale factor that are honored if the host screen is in HiDPI mode.

If I run native screen resolution in LoDPI I seems forced to 100% in the remote connection.

But would be really nice to run MacOS native but remote connection scaled, as I have a none retina display and Windows just handles non integer scaling much better that Apple.

On the FreeRDP Plugin I see no option for scale factor. 

Using newest version of Royal TSX and FreeRDP plugin...

This is now available in the latest beta (3.1.1.1).

As usual, you can get the beta here: https://www.royalapplications.com/go/kb-ts-mac-downloadbeta

This is already supported on Retina screens and we'll update our FreeRDP plugin to include support for setting the scale factor even on non-Retina screens in the next update.

Login or Signup to post a comment