Start a new topic
Solved

Chrome Key Sequence not working since update

Hi,

since Update 5.0.61428 Key Sequences are not working anymore on Web Page Connections (Chrome)

I think the web page does not get the focus since the key sequence will run outside of the web page and is changing stuff in the royal ts interface

3 people have this problem

I think its hard to reproduce because sometime it works, and sometime it doesn't... so I think it could also be some problem with other apps running, ssh tunnel speed, or something else...

After a update to v5.1.build 61114 nothing has changed for me.

I've tried to completely uninstall RoyalTS and install it from scratch the newest version. But again: Nothing has changed. Insted of pressing ENTER, the auto sequence task types SHIFT+TAB. And sometimes the password is entered wrong also.

Now, I'm back on v5.0 build 61330 again - the last working version (with some embedded windows bugs in case of using RVTools or Hyena).

Just a small update: I've contacted the vendor (Essential Object) and provided a repro project for them. They blame it on the Chromium Engine but one of their competitor's product works fine with the keyboard input. Essential Objects is working on integrating the V77 engine and since they are aware of the issue now (they are also aware that their competition's product works correctly), I assume they will look into it. If they don't, I can explore integrating the component of the other vendor. Unfortunately the performance and quality of that other component is not as good as Essential Object's. So replacing it wouldn't be an option and shipping the other component side-by-side will increase the download package size by... a lot. I also have to find out if I can even host two different chromium engines in one app.

Anyhow, let's wait for their next release and see what they come up with. I'm really sorry about that and I wish I can do something to fix it...

1 person likes this

Just insert a couple of these before pass:  {BACKSPACE}...

{WAIT:3000}{TAB}$EffectiveUsername${WAIT:500}{TAB}{WAIT:500}{BACKSPACE}{BACKSPACE}$EffectivePassword${WAIT:500}{TAB}{WAIT:500}{TAB}{WAIT:500}

Resolved with v.5.2.60204 for me!

Thanks for confirming! I hope this release is more stable with key sequence tasks.

1 person likes this

Can also confirm that the recent version brings back the old proper behaviour. Thank you for the hard work to make this happen again.

Thanks, I can also confirm that all key sequences are working properly with version 5.02.60204 again!

Since Version 5.2 (60406) it's not working anymore. Always testing the newest one and downgrading after that. It's working for the pfSense loginscreen (newest version), but not for vSphere vCenter and ESXi for example (newest v6.7 and v7.0 versions).

Hi Christian,

the latest release (5.3.61223) should have this fixed. Did you check this version? If it still doesn't work, could you open a support ticket. We would need a way to repro the issue. We got access to a test machine from one of our customers in the past to resolve it.

Regards,
Stefan

For example

User: user01

Password: paswd123!

Key Sequence Task: {TAB}$EffectiveUsername${TAB}$EffectivePassword$

resulting key sequence:

{TAB}user01{TAB} paswd123!

but should be:

{TAB}user01{TAB}paswd123!

--> without the TAB between {TAB} and passwd123!

Login or Signup to post a comment