Start a new topic
Implemented

Run a Key Sequence on Selected Sessions in the Mac Client

The Mac version is missing a major and VERY useful feature the Windows client has.  In the Windows client you can run a key sequence against the connections you choose.  Not to be confused with the broadcast option but rather the more targeted method.

For example, if you connect to 10 SSH sessions and then pick a key sequence, the dashboard allows you to run that sequence against, one, three... any or all of the sessions that show in the dashboard.  It automatically moves through each session and runs the sequence before moving to the next session.  On the Mac you can only run the sequence on one session at a time and it requires it to be done manually.

It'd be nice to get this in the Mac version.  Maybe even expand it's functionality on both platforms so that it can act similarly to the broadcast option, just on the specifically selected sessions.

1 person likes this idea

Hey Ryan, select the task you want to run in the navigation panel. Then switch to the overview or dashboard tab. If you're in overview mode, go to "View - Switch to Dashboard". Hope that helps! Cheers, Felix

Hi Charlie,

Royal TSX 4.0.2.2 beta is now available and includes the Command/Key Sequence Task context dashboard.

Please let us know if it works as expected for you!

thx,

felix

That worked, thanks!

Are there plans to allow ad-hoc key sequences in that view, similar to the key-sequence broadcaster in RoyalTS?

Ryan, you should be able to do this already by context clicking the connections you would like to execute the key sequence against and selecting "Favorite Key Sequences - Ad hoc key sequence".

That does work Felix, however that window disappears every time you send a key sequence. I'm curious if there are plans to make a persistent input box like on RoyalTS where I can type and send a bunch of commands without losing the input box.

Hi Ryan, we have no plans to add that feature in the near future but please feel free to add a new feature request and we'll have a look once time permits. Cheers, Felix

Felix, This is fantastic!  I've tested it and it is working great!  One question though, is there a way to suppress the "Are you sure?" dialog?  Clicking that dialog box while running this against 50+ servers could become tedious.

Awesome! Glad to hear that!

To disable the prompt, open the properties of your task and enable "No confirmation required". I guess a "Do not ask again" checkbox in the actual prompt would be nice though so I added that to my To-do list too. ;)

cheers,

felix

Login or Signup to post a comment