I recently upgraded from RoyalTS v6 (portable) to v7 (portable) and I face the issue, that I can't overwrite my putty terminal color settings anymore.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Set putty as you default terminal plugin:
View -> Plugins -> Terminal -> Terminal (Based on Putty) -> Set to default
2) Test a ssh-connection - background should be black:
3) Change color palette for the plugin:
View -> Plugins -> Terminal -> Terminal (Based on Putty) -> "Press the little dropdown arrow" -> Overwrites -> Colors -> Palette -> Choose e.g. Solarized
4) Save + Restart RoyalTS
5) Test a ssh-connection - background is still black
Changing the colors per ssh-connection works:
1) Right-Click your ssh-connection -> Properties -> Colors -> Palette -> Choose e.g. Solarized
2) Test a ssh-connection - background is orange
Is there another global setting to change the colors in the RoyalTS v7 putty plugin which I did not see? Or is this a bug?
By default, overrides are only applied while holing the Alt key while connecting. You can change this behavior here:
Does this help?
thank you for the hint.
View -> Options -> Behaviors -> Modifiers -> Dropdown: "Always apply, except when holding the Alt key"
Now it works perfect :)
You're welcome! Glad I could help.