Start a new topic

RoyalTS stays at Top

Hello @all,

sometimes RoyalTS (V6.1.60116) stays at top of all windows, also at the own RoyalTS Dialog windows... So i have to kill the RoyalTS exe from another desktop (since the task manager is also not visible behind the RoyalTS window).

This happen one or more times a day...

Have anyone else the issue or did i use a false configuration entry somewhere...?

Greetings

Marco  

1 person has this problem

Hi Marco!

We've seen a hand full of reports regarding this and I've seen it one time myself. Unfortunately we weren't able to reproduce the issue in any way. From what we have seen, it could be a weird issue involving multiple displays and sleep mode - not sure if it's the same situation for you. Maybe there's also some interference with other tools installed on the box which manipulate desktop windows.

If you see a pattern or have repro steps, please let us know.

Thanks,
Stefan

I have the same problem. Cannot even open options without making main window small

Hi Igor,

sorry that you are experiencing this behavior.

Could you please open a new support ticket via the following link and let us know how to reproduce the issue/attach a screen-recording:

https://www.royalapps.com/go/support-ticket-new

Thanks & best regards,

Christoph

I begun having the same issue just recently. This is incredibly frustrating as even Royal TS' own pop-up prompts are behind the main Royal TS window, and I cannot access those pop-ups without first resizing the main Royal TS window to as small as possible --> then clicking on whatever (subsequently triggering a pop-up). I have tried reinstalling Royal TS and it worked fine for a few moments but the following day reverted back to its bad "permanently on top" behavior.

I also experience this issue on Royal TSX (Mac), which suggests the issue is more generalised than previously thought.

According to some of our users who experienced this, the issue has been resolved in the latest Windows release. Can users in this thread confirm this?

@Thomas Price: please create a new entry in the Royal TSX (for MacOS) Problems forum.

Thank you!

Stefan

It happens to me on a fairly regular basis and is incredibly frustrating to close all my windows and rebstart restart RoyalTS.  Using Windows 10 (22H2) and RoyalTS v6.1.61019 but it's been happening through several versions.

Hi David,

can you try the latest Royal TS V7 release? We've put in some workarounds lately which should also improve the situation. If you need a trial license key, feel free to contact our support.

Regards,
Stefan

Stefan...thanks!  Will do, I'm under maintenance so it should be straightforward (I hope).

Stefan...me again!  What's the current version for v7?  I'm looking at the support/download page and only see v7 previous versions.  The latest is from mid-January so perhaps it's current.  Just odd that it's in the previous download category.

Hi,

the latest V7 version can always be found here:

https://royalapps.com/ts/win/download

You can also see the version history here:

https://support.royalapps.com/support/solutions/articles/17000128633-royal-ts-v7-previous-versions

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Stefan

hi Stefan and others,

I have been using royalTS 7 for a while now, and really like it. 5-6 times now I have remoted into my home PC from another machine, only to find RoyalTS on top of everything and no ability to work around it. It is frustrating but fine UNTIL a dialog box from royalTS itself comes up. Then without the ability to see it I have to force it closed with task manager.

That is, IF task manager can be seen, otherwise I am in bad shape. The point now, twice I have been fully remote and had to use my power kill PDU to restart my machine..

Can you let me know if you will be solving this problem soon? It seem from above this has been happening for around 1 year.

Hi everyone!

Anyone who frequently suffers from the issue where Royal TS is always on top of all other windows, here's a hack/workaround which may help:

To enable the hack, you can set the EnforceTopMostValue in the appsettings.json (install directory).
{
  "RoyalTS": {
    "EnforceTopMostValue" : true
  } 
}

Simply create a file called appsettings.json in %appdata%\code4ward with the content above and start Royal TS.

To verify that the setting is enabled, you can change the log level to Verbose. Then every time you activate or deactivate the main window, you should get a log entry indicating the current TopMost value.
Login or Signup to post a comment