Start a new topic

Memory leak in configuration tool

Hello,

We've noticed that when the configuration tool is left open for long periods of time (days/weeks), its memory use steadily increases until all available memory is consumed.

The attached screenshot shows the memory usage increasing over time. The red circle indicates when the application was left open after a software update and within three days the memory usage hit our alarm threshold.

We've observed this behaviour for a year over different minor releases of Royal Server.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Best,

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

thanks for letting us know!

We will have a look at this. Just one question: which version of Royal Server are you using?

cheers,

Michael

Hi Michael,

We're currently running version 4.1.50624.0.

Best,
Ryan

Thanks Ryan, we will look into it.

cheers,

Michael

So far, we could not reproduce this in our lab. Which configuration page did you have open when you left the Configuration Tool? Anything special you did which might influence this behaviour?

cheers,

Michael

Usually, it would be the main page with the graphing on it (Can't remember exactly what the name of it was sorry).

Not that I can think of. We have a monitoring agent that polls the Windows Performance counters, but other than that I cannot think of anything special. Interestingly when I investigated the memory alert, I noticed the UI was not visible in Windows Explorer/desktop/task bar, however, I could clearly see the configuration tool process running in task manager. The process was running under my user account too.

We tend to RDP to the instance as needed and then either disconnect or logout, so that may be a factor.

Best,

Ryan

Login or Signup to post a comment