Start a new topic
Solved

Update to 6.0.50823 fails

I tried to Update from 6.0.50805 to 50823 and the Installer fails when cleaning up the start menu shortcuts and rolls back to the previous version.

UAC is enabled on my system, my user is a normal domain user, the user running the installer is local admin and the administrators group has full access permissons on the path in question.
I tried to remove all shortcuts from personal and generic start menus, and also disabled the antivirus.
RoyalTS5 has been uninstalled a few weeks ago.

I try to avoid uninstalling and reinstalling at the moment, as i don't think it will resolve the issue.

Here is the part of the install log, where it fails.

========

Info: Calling custom action RoyalTS.Setup!RoyalTS.Setup.CustomActions.FileSystemActions.RemoveStartMenuShortcut
Info: Exception thrown by custom action:
Info: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Ein Aufrufziel hat einen Ausnahmefehler verursacht. ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Der Zugriff auf den Pfad "C:\Users\XXXXXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programme" wurde verweigert.
   bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   bei System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.AddSearchableDirsToStack(SearchData localSearchData)
   bei System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()
   bei System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
   bei System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
   bei RoyalTS.Setup.CustomActions.FileSystemActions.RemoveStartMenuShortcut(Session session)
   --- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---
   bei System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   bei System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object parameters, Object arguments)
   bei System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   bei Microsoft.Deployment.WindowsInstaller.CustomActionProxy.InvokeCustomAction(Int32 sessionHandle, String entryPoint, IntPtr remotingDelegatePtr)
Info: CustomAction RemoveStartMenuShortcut returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)
Info: Action ended 07:40:56: InstallFinalize. Return value 3.

======

BYE

Roman

2 people have this problem

Glad to hear it's working!

That solved the problem - installed successfully with a pc with UAC..

We just released a new build. Can you please check if it's now working again?

Thanks,
Stefan

1 person likes this

I also have this problem , and have had it in the latest release - and the previous release.

Removing the shortcut did not help.

Thanks for letting me know. I'm still testing the new installer and I hope the next release will fix the issue.

Hello Stefan,

don't worry, it's not that much of a problem, the old release works just fine for me. But if no one tells you, how should you know.
Deleting the shortcut beforehand does not solve the issue. I even tried to delete the startmenu entry to our published Citrix App for RTS V5, with no effect.

HI Stefan,

workaround is not working...

Even after I'd uninstall the previous version and removed all Registry leftovers and the shortcuts manually, the MSI-Install ends prematurely...

Here is the necessary sequence from the MSI Install-Log:

ActionStart: Action 09:25:45: RemoveStartMenuShortcut.

Info: SFXCA: Extracting custom action to temporary directory: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\MSI8911.tmp-\

Info: SFXCA: Binding to CLR version v4.0.30319

Info: Calling custom action RoyalTS.Setup!RoyalTS.Setup.CustomActions.FileSystemActions.RemoveStartMenuShortcut

Info: Exception thrown by custom action:

Info: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Ein Aufrufziel hat einen Ausnahmefehler verursacht. ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Der Zugriff auf den Pfad "C:\Users\MYUserID\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programme" wurde verweigert.

bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

bei System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.AddSearchableDirsToStack(SearchData localSearchData)

bei System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()

bei System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)

bei System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)

bei RoyalTS.Setup.CustomActions.FileSystemActions.RemoveStartMenuShortcut(Session session)

--- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---

bei System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)

bei System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object parameters, Object arguments)

bei System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object parameters, CultureInfo culture)

bei Microsoft.Deployment.WindowsInstaller.CustomActionProxy.InvokeCustomAction(Int32 sessionHandle, String entryPoint, IntPtr remotingDelegatePtr)

Info: CustomAction RemoveStartMenuShortcut returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)

Info: Action ended 09:25:45: InstallFinalize. Return value 3

Hi Roman,

this seems to be a bug in the latest release. As a workaround you could try to manually remove the start menu shortcut before upgrading (when Royal TS is closed) from the path.

I'm also working on a fix right now and hopefully can release a new version later today which resolves the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Regards,
Stefan

Login or Signup to post a comment