Start a new topic
Answered

Are there plans to support WVD (Windows Virtual Desktop) connections?

Hello, we recently acquired a site license to Royal TS/X at my work, and I'm liking the program so far. I was wondering if there are any plans to eventually support WVD remote desktop connections, or if that is considered outside the scope of or perhaps not compatible with the product? Thank you in advance.

Best Answer

Hi,

WVD doesn't use the "traditional" RDP client. Since Royal TS is using the Microsoft RDP ActiveX component which ships with Windows, we can't support WVD until the Microsoft component supports it or provides a different component which allows us to integrate into Royal TS.

Regards,

Stefan

Answer

Hi,

WVD doesn't use the "traditional" RDP client. Since Royal TS is using the Microsoft RDP ActiveX component which ships with Windows, we can't support WVD until the Microsoft component supports it or provides a different component which allows us to integrate into Royal TS.

Regards,

Stefan

1 person likes this

I see, I had noticed that it didn't use the regular RDP client, so that makes sense. Thank you!

When I use the WVDAdmin tool for Azure WVD and list my sessions from the Session hosts I can initiate Session Mirroring and from there it opens regular RDP Client for Session mirroring.

Probably it would be possible to read the Sessions via powershell and build the RDP mirroring from this information?

Not sure though how easily you could implement Azure Powershell components in your product.

Hi Patrick,

session mirroring (shadowing) is only possible through mstsc.exe as far as I know. I'm not aware of any method to make this work in the MS RDP ActiveX control we are using. Therefore, it can't really be integrated into Royal TS the way we integrate standard RDP. If you have information regarding session mirroring using the ActiveX, let me know.

Regards,
Stefan

Login or Signup to post a comment