Start a new topic
Solved

[beta] Broadcast input for selected tabs only

Hi there,

I really enjoy and like the new RoyalTS beta (and TSX). I use the broadcast feature for ribex ssh connections pretty often. It would be really helpful if the tabs where the broadcast is used can be selected or if it is only used on tabs in the foreground (visible and splitted) and not to the tabs in the background.

Kind regards,

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

by default, all rebex based connection receive the input broadcast but you can use the actions menu to control the receivers:

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Stefan

What a fast answer... :-)

Yes indeed it helps and is what I asked for. I have the top menu not open all the time and it closes after clicking broadcast input so I haven't looked at it. I don't know if it is difficult or even possible but it would help to visually see which tab receives broadcast input.

Don't get me wrong, it is a very very helpful feature to have this. I'm thinking from a users perspective. ;-)

Kind regards,

Stefan

When a tab receives input broadcast, you will see the icon on the top right corner. If you uncheck one in the list, the icon disappears.

Regards,
Stefan

How can I see visually that top left and right session receives input but not bottom left. That would be really helpful if one can see it on a icon or so.

Which top right connor do you mean?

Kind regards,

Stefan

You can see it in my screenshot:

In your screenshot the icon is off a bit and too small. Not sure why it doesn't render correctly in your case. Can you provide more information about your setup (DPI settings, scaling mode in Royal TS in the User Interface options, etc.).

Regards,
Stefan

Yes, this Icon would make sence. And it'll be very helpful if visible.

My settings:

Any possibility to export overrides and settings to a xml and provide it to you?

Kind regards,

Stefan

PS: And many thanks for looking into it.

Hi Stefan,

no need to send it to me. I already reproduced the issue on my side. Working on a fix already...

Regards,
Stefan

1 person likes this

May be improper but to fullfill my needs (in term of a ssh user) the best way might be to move the icon to a (left?) side of that tab and make it clickable (activate vs. deactivate) for broadcast. :-)

Kind regards,

Stefan

I'm not really happy with the current solution (the indicator icon) but right now, it's the best we can do. It's hard to render custom stuff on the tab and overlaying such an icon is quite easy. Unfortunately these badges are not clickable. If you have suggestions how to improve this, let me know.

Regards,
Stefan

Just wanted to respond after several days. No I haven't any idea. Sorry. :( But I also don't know the possibilities of the ribex ssh clint nor the RoyalTS gui.If there is no possibility of a favicon top left that would be a bet.

Maybe we get more feedback over time and find ways to improve the UX...

Login or Signup to post a comment