Start a new topic

Very Slow/Laggy after some time

Hi All,

Looking to see if anyone else has experienced similar issues. This has happened to me for quite some time - over a year, but I've been too lazy to report it.

Basically, it seems that after an extended period of time (several days) the RoyalTS app window becomes almost unusable. Moving the RoyalTS main window around the monitor or between monitors is very slow. I will click to drag the main window around and it takes 5-7 seconds before the screen follows. Also, moving between connections/tab in the interface is extremely slow. After clicking a tab it takes 3 - 4 seconds before the screen changes and the tab will accept input. I predominantly use RDP to 7-10 servers as a time and those connections might remain open for days.

Closing/reopening RoyalTS will resolve the issue.

Riley

Hi Jr,

can you try to reproduce the issue using Microsoft's RDCMan (Sysinternals)? I guess with MS RDP you actually mean mstsc.exe. If so, there are a couple of differences between mstsc.exe and the ActiveX control we are using. The same ActiveX control is also used by RDCMan, so it would be interesting if you see the same issue there.

Regards,
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Apologies, I'm using Royal OSX on mac. Seems no RDCman for Mac.I'm only have Microsoft Remote Desktop app.

Regards,

Jr

Hi Jr,

in this case, I'm afraid you posted in the wrong forum/thread. This is all about the Windows client. I suggest you post your issue in the Royal TSX (for macOS) section or open a support ticket for further assistance.

Thanks,
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

I see, sorry.  I'll try to recreate the issue in windows machine once I get one. 

Regards,

Jr

Login or Signup to post a comment