Start a new topic

Go to fullscreen quickly

Hello,

Is there any way to quickly go fullscreen, on demand, when using an rdp connection? I found right click/external on a tab. But what I need is a right click/full screen.

The use case is that I often connect to different TSE. Most of the time, I do it in embedded mode because I only do small tasks and I need to switch betweens sessions. But sometimes, when I know it will take time, or I need fullscreen for reading big documents, so it's much easier to go fullscreen.

Thanks

Hi!

You can change to full screen mode using the "Change" menu in the Actions tab.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Stefan

Hi,

With this method, the problem I had, is that the size of desktop inside the full screen windows is not maximized. The usable area is surrounded by a big black rectangle.

In fact, the usable area seems to have the same size as before, when it was in embedded mode. Is it possible to have the usable area the same size of the screen?

Regards,

Benoit

In that case, you need to configure the connection to use "Smart Reconnect" in the display options. The remote desktop size can only be changed upon connect. Once connected, it cannot be changed. This setting will initiate an automatic reconnect to apply the new screen dimensions.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Stefan

There must be a problem with my configuration (or a bug). When I do what you suggested, I got a white screen when I go to fullscreen (once I click "Activate Window"). I have to do "alt+tab" and then click on "embeded" to have something displayed again.

I'm on Win 10. The connection has the display properties

• Color Depth "24 bits"
  • Desktop Size : Auto Expand/Full Screen
  • Resize Mode :"Smart Reconnect"
App is version 5.2.60410

I will try on another PC this evening to see if it's an hardware/display driver related problem

Regards,
Benoit

Hi,

thanks for your feedback. It seems you discovered a bug (which will be fixed in the next release). To avoid the white screen you can go to the View ribbon tab, click on Plugins, select the Settings button of the Remote Desktop Plugin and toggle the Fast Smart Reconnect option.

Regards,

Stefan

Hi,

I've tested on another hardware, and indeed I've got the same behavior (white screen). I've turned on (it was off before) the Fast Smart Reconnect from the RDP Plugin, and I still have white screen. But the VM I access through RDP are on a slow hardware, with an old Oracle implementation of RDP. I'll try  your bypass tomorrow on modern VM, with native Windows RDP.

Regards,

Benoit

I'm not able to repro the white screen issue with Fast Smart Reconnect turned on. We expect a new version release in the next couple of days where the previously mentioned bug will be fixed. Maybe you can try this release once it is out.

Hi,

Thanks for the tip : it indeed works on "real" VMs with windows RDP. The case I mentioned yesterday must be linked to the Oracle implementation of RDP (Virtualbox) and my hardware (CPU low TDP, with low performance). This VM is less critical for me. I will still try once the update is released. But at least, for my production VM it works!

Regards,

Benoit

Understood. Unfortunately we don't really have any experience with the Oracle implementation of RDP. Let's see if my fix will make it better...

Hello,

Thanks for the fix. The switch fo full screen works now, even with the Oracle RDP implementation (if I disable the fast smart reconnect option).

Best Regards,

Benoit

Thanks for confirming the fix. I'm glad it's working again!

Regards,
Stefan

Login or Signup to post a comment