Start a new topic
Solved

Chrome Key Sequence not working since update

Hi,

since Update 5.0.61428 Key Sequences are not working anymore on Web Page Connections (Chrome)

I think the web page does not get the focus since the key sequence will run outside of the web page and is changing stuff in the royal ts interface

3 people have this problem

I think its hard to reproduce because sometime it works, and sometime it doesn't... so I think it could also be some problem with other apps running, ssh tunnel speed, or something else...

Since Version 5.2 (60406) it's not working anymore. Always testing the newest one and downgrading after that. It's working for the pfSense loginscreen (newest version), but not for vSphere vCenter and ESXi for example (newest v6.7 and v7.0 versions).

Hi Christian,

the latest release (5.3.61223) should have this fixed. Did you check this version? If it still doesn't work, could you open a support ticket. We would need a way to repro the issue. We got access to a test machine from one of our customers in the past to resolve it.

Regards,
Stefan

For example

User: user01

Password: paswd123!

Key Sequence Task: {TAB}$EffectiveUsername${TAB}$EffectivePassword$

resulting key sequence:

{TAB}user01{TAB} paswd123!

but should be:

{TAB}user01{TAB}paswd123!

--> without the TAB between {TAB} and passwd123!

Hi Patrick,

I just tried to repro the issue but failed. It seems to work fine for me. Can you create a new web page connection in a new document from scratch and set it up so that it fails. Once you have done that, open a new support ticket with the document attached and your default settings by attaching the file %appdata%\code4ward\code4ward.RoyalTS.UserPreferences.config.

Thanks,
Stefan

Watch out for the next minor upgrade in the upcoming days. The issue should be fixed then...

I got the same error with version builds 61428, 61429, 61707. Now, I'm back at 61330 again.

But with this version I still have problems with VMware vSphere Center and Hypervisor web interfaces older than v6.7 in combination with key sequences of Royal TS build 61330 Chrome engine.

Any update on this? Build 61330 is the last working version - containing different bugs. The most annoying failure (non-working key sequences inside the Chrome plugin) are still part of all newer versions up to build 61707.

Has anyone found a fix for this?  I am having the same problem.  Even downgrading does not resolve the issue.  So far, support has not offered a solution.

No resolution as of now that I'm aware of. I can confirm it appears that key sequence tasks do not type inside the window that should be in focus and that something in the upper left-hand corner of the screen is selected. If I immediately select the window that should be in focus, key-sequence broadcasting executes as expected.

Hi Christian,

as mentioned here, I'm not able to repro the issue anymore. I've also published a new beta release just now here: https://www.royalapps.com/go/kb-ts-win-downloadbeta

It ships with the most recent Chromium engine. Can you check if you are able to repro the issue with this version?

Regards,
Stefan

Login or Signup to post a comment