Start a new topic

Chrome Key Sequence not working since update

Hi,


since Update 5.0.61428 Key Sequences are not working anymore on Web Page Connections (Chrome)


image


I think the web page does not get the focus since the key sequence will run outside of the web page and is changing stuff in the royal ts interface


3 people have this problem

Tried the new version, it works better but its not like it was before


Something changed with the {TAB} Placeholder


{WAIT:2500}{TAB}$EffectiveUsername${WAIT:500}{TAB}{WAIT:500}$EffectivePassword${WAIT:500}{TAB}{WAIT:500}{WAIT:500}{TAB}{WAIT:500}{ENTER}


The username gets entered correctly but after the tab one character gets entered in the password field before the actual password, hard to explain.


Its like this:

*Key sequence starts with a wait*

*Tab to focus Username Field*

*Username gets entered correctly*

*short wait*

*tab to focus password field*

*one character gets entered in the password field ???*

*short wait*

*password gets entered in the password field (but is now wrong because of the one character)*

*tab two times to the submit button ends on the username field... so this is also wrong*


// Was on break while writing this message, after the break royal ts was unstable (could be because of the beta) so I restarted the app and now its like before... nothing gets entered and the context menu pops up in the top left corner again...

Hi Patrick,


the initial wait is quite short. Can you try to increase the first wait time? Maybe it's related to a specific web page? Do you see the same issue on other pages?


Anyone else has feedback on the beta release? For Artur it seems the issue has been resolved, correct?

I've increased the wait but it did not change anything.

But I noticed something.


If a key sequence starts there is a notification in the bottom left corner.

So I can see that the key sequence is already starting while the page shows up as loading on the bottom of royal ts.


Since I'm using a secure gateway the page takes some time to load.

I think the key sequence starts to soon and without focus on the chrome tab... the initial wait does not change the start of the key sequence itself


I made a Video of the current behavior:

https://streamable.com/ovu4b

I have a similar problem with the key sequence broadcaster using the terminal emulators, both RebEx and Putty. I've followed the advice to downgrade to v5.00.61330 and the problem isn't there with that version.

Thank you for the video, Patrick. Can you increase the first wait in the key sequence task to {WAIT:5000} - just for testing?

I still have the problem with the new Beta... sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't... but I found a workaround with the autofill plugin which works for our case... so i don't use key sequences anymore.

I'm using Royal TS v5.0.61707 on Windows 10 1903 (18362.356) and can reproduce this issue.


Key sequence tasks work fine with IE based connections but not with Chrome.


When attempting to connect using Chrome with the exact same key sequence task, the first letter of the username is not put into the login form, and tabs and enter doesn't work inside the web page. To finish off with, the 'Restore/Move/Size/Minimize/Maximise/Close' menu opens up (the same as if you left click the application icon at the top left of the title bar).


The key sequence task is: {WAIT:5000}$EffectiveUsername${TAB}$EffectivePassword${ENTER}

Hi everyone!


Can one of you confirm the issue is still occurring with the latest beta release:

https://support.royalapps.com/support/solutions/articles/17000075446--royal-ts-v5-beta-version


A new chromium version has been included in the beta.


Regards,

Stefan

I can confirm that the issue is still occurring with the latest v5 beta

As far as I can tell, this seems to be an issue which only affects a subset of users (I also can't really reproduce the issue). Can you share the URLs of public pages you are seeing the autofill issues? Maybe I get some reliable repro case there. (If you want to share those URLs privately, feel free to open a support ticket).


Thanks,
Stefan

I was able to reproduce this with the first public site I tried:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Login.aspx?url=%2fdefault.aspx

 

I also tried Spotify which works fine with the IE plugin.

 

With Chrome, the focus is lost before the key sequence begins. If I help it along by clicking inside the login box before the key sequence begins, the first two characters of the username are cut off. Tabs and Enter don't work, and the application menu opens

https://accounts.spotify.com/en/login/?_locale=en-NZ&continue=https:%2F%2Fwww.spotify.com%2Fnz%2Faccount%2Foverview%2F

Hi Patrick,


it seems that the 3rd party vendor introduced a bug here. I opened a ticket there and hope to get a fix or workaround soon .


In the meantime, you can either downgrade to the 5.0.61330 release here: https://www.royalapplications.com/go/kb-ts-win-previousversions

Or you increase the delay and click the first text box in time to get the key sequence task working.


Regards,
Stefan

Updated to 5.00.61707 and Key Sequences are still not working.

It seems that the chrome window does not get the focus.

If I click into the first text field before the sequence starts it pastes the whole text in one field.

{TAB} and {ENTER} are getting ignored.

Login or Signup to post a comment