Answered

Tunnel through 2 Royal Servers

following scenario:

want to connect from home to site B

Site A has royal server on publicly facing IP

site B has royal server on non-public IP

there is site-to--site vpn between site A and site B

not all is accessible though this vpn but is through royal server on B

Is there a way to connect to a machine on B through the site A tunnel which in turn will connect through the site B tunnel?

Best Answer

Interesting question. It may be possible when you create a tunnel connection through your first Royal Server using the PuTTY connection type with a specific local port forwarding. You could then configure the local ip/port mapped to your Royal Server B. I've not tested this but I guess this could work. You then need to open the putty connection to establish the first tunnel, once established the other connections using Secure Gateway config should work.

Hi,

we just released a Royal TS V6 for Windows beta release where you can test this feature (Royal TSX will soon follow):

https://www.royalapps.com/blog/dependent-gateways

Regards,
Stefan

1 person likes this
Answer

Interesting question. It may be possible when you create a tunnel connection through your first Royal Server using the PuTTY connection type with a specific local port forwarding. You could then configure the local ip/port mapped to your Royal Server B. I've not tested this but I guess this could work. You then need to open the putty connection to establish the first tunnel, once established the other connections using Secure Gateway config should work.

Login or Signup to post a comment