Start a new topic
Answered

Incognito for Chrome engine?

I have a problem where if I am to disconnect from a web page and reconnect, my session is still active but RoyalTS attempts to run my key sequence. This results in simulated keystrokes clicking around the page, taking me all over the place.

Is there any support for incognito or similar to ensure a new session is created on each connection?

Best Answer

Hi Sam,

you can enable a dedicated engine for your Chrome web page connection:

https://content.royalapplications.com/Help/RoyalTS/V4/index.html?reference_webpagechrome_engine.htm

This will "isolate" your session from others. Also, if you close and re-open the session, you will start from scratch.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Stefan

Answer

Hi Sam,

you can enable a dedicated engine for your Chrome web page connection:

https://content.royalapplications.com/Help/RoyalTS/V4/index.html?reference_webpagechrome_engine.htm

This will "isolate" your session from others. Also, if you close and re-open the session, you will start from scratch.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Stefan

Fantastic, thank you!

You're welcome!

Sorry to Necro this thread but this doesn't seem to work. It's still pulling my windows auth unlike an incognito tab.

I tried as well changing the Engine ID which I figure would let me "start from scratch" but it still fails.

Hi Greg,

creating a dedicated engine is the pretty much the same as an incognito tab. The engine is completely isolated from the others or the default engine. There may still be differences compared to the incognito window in Chrome. Royal TS is hosting a Chromium based web view not a full features Chrome browser. I'm also not sure what you mean by "pulling my windows auth". Can you explain in more details what you mean by this?

Regards,
Stefan

I can research in more detail but essentially if the site is allowed to access my stored windows credentials (who I'm logged in as) it will try that and hard fail. Incog or inPrivate on Chromium seemingly blocks or halts that access so it manually asks for authorization. 

Your engine is not performing in that same behavior. It would be nice if it did!

I'm still not sure I completely understand what's happening exactly. You write the browser engine tries to log in using windows credentials. Can you provide more details how you see this and what exactly happens? I also did check the SDK APIs for the EO Chromium engine and there are no settings/APIs available to even provide or prevent usage of Windows credentials.

If I can better understand the issue, I can contact the vendor and ask for comments or if it's possible to provide an API to control that behavior.

Login or Signup to post a comment