Start a new topic

Missing Keystrokes VNC

Hello, 

I use a VNC connection to an ADDERLink® ipeps+.

https://www.adder.com/en/kvm-solutions/adderlink-ipeps-plus

With RealVNC the problem does not occur but with Royal TS and the integrated VNC client I have the following problem:

Some keystrokes are not transmitted. Keys are getting lost. Sometimes a key hangs and continuously sends a keystroke.

After I have entered an @, I have to rebuild the connection.

I also own Royal TSX. Everything works without any problems there.

Do you have any idea what the problem is?

Hi Marc,

on WIndows we integrate TightVNC and UltraVNC - which is also available as a standalone app/viewer. Can you tell us if the standalone apps are working as expected or do they exhibit the same behavior?

Regards,
Stefan

Hi,

I have the same problem.

If I tip \ I loos the connection to my keyboard. After pressing left ALT und waiting for a second it's again connected.

Also after some other keystrokes I loos it but couldn't figure out which.

VNC Connection default setting, with UltraVNC it opens just in a external window with following message. In UltraVNC I don't loose the connection. ThightVNC I havn't installed.

By the way, If I start a VNC connection in Royal TS, all other Connection are closed.

Royal TS Version: 7.2.50703

Regards

Eric

Hi Eric,

what happens if you use Tight/Ultra VNC standalone app? Do you see the same issue?

Regards,
Stefan

Hi Stefan, If i use the Ultra VNC standalone App everything is fine. I can type everything without loosing keystroke and other connections don't disconnect. Regards, Eric

I'm not able to reproduce the issue. May I kindly ask you to open a support ticket as we probably need more information.

Thanks,
Stefan

Login or Signup to post a comment