Start a new topic

Proper use of Headings in RoyalJSON Custom Properties

Evening,

Is there any documentation to say how to best use the "Header" type when dynamically creating Custom Properties?

I've already found the general reference:

RoyalJSONCustomProperty (royalapps.com)

If I define Custom Properties manualyl, they appear closely bunched in the order defined:

If however I try to do the same via JSON, there is a large gap between the header and the property:

I'm looking to pull these properties in from an external system but just playing with the JSON (attached) right now until it works as expected.

Thanks for any help that can be offered.

txt
(1.22 KB)

I tried reworking the properties as value of the header element, that hasn't changed anything though:

{
										    "CustomProperties": [
											    {
													"Type":"Header",
													"Name":"TestHeader",
													"Value": [
															{
															    "Type":"Text",
																"Name": "testPropertyName",
																"Value": "testPropertyValye"
															}
													]
												},
												{
												    "Type":"Text",
													"Name": "testPropertyName",
													"Value": "testPropertyValye"
												}
											],

Hi!

The json from your first post is correct and it seems to work for me. May I ask what version of Royal TS you are using?

Regards,
Stefan

Thanks for checking.  I using 7.2.50703.

Just tried it again on my work PC in a new document and still shows the big gap for me:

I saved the doc, closed royalts and then reopened just in case but no change.

The gap seems to be a cosmetic bug. When custom properties are shown for dynamic objects, they are essentially read only and the "Add" button is hidden. This is causing the gap. I was able to fix this for the next release.

The configured custom properties from the rJSON are correct as far as I can see. So from a purely functional perspective, it's working as intended using the rJSON from your initial post.

Thanks for confirming the correct syntax. Any ideas on release date so I can keep an eye out?

We do plan to release a beta version with a couple of new features this or early next week. You can include beta releases in your update check in View -> Options -> General

Login or Signup to post a comment