Start a new topic
Answered

Change terminal connection to use Putty

I imported all my mRemote connections, which used Putty exe.

I would like to change them all now from Rebex to Putty, but don't see a way to do so.

I see the bulk edit, but I can't even change a single existing imported connection to putty.

Is this possible?

Best Answer

When you select a folder (or document) you can enable the option to show all objects from all subfolders to make it easier to bulk-edit all your objects in the document. I recommend you check out this videos:

https://www.royalapps.com/go/kb-ts-win-bulkedit

Regarding the default settings: make sure you also switch to the PuTTY plugin in the default settings before you set any of the putty defaults. Then it should use the default settings as configured for new connections.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Stefan

Hi Jeff,

to switch from Rebex to PuTTY use the "Active Plugin" page in Common. This should work in single and bulk edit mode.

Regards,
Stefan

Ah ok, so yes, i can and did change it that way. 

Seems you can't do it at a folder level. For me, I have folders for "switch" etc and and would like to set at the folder that all connections under are Terminal (putty). I can deal without though I suppose, it was just how I orgranized.

Regarding changing to Putty though, I have set the default Terminal plugin to use Putty. Set font/colors.

However, on a new connection of Terminal, it does inherit the Default Putty type, but not the fonts/colors settings. It is using an override of some sort, b/c the colors I set are red/yellow, but I can't figure out why the Default Terminal override is not working.

Adding new Terminal connection (see colors it sets)

Showing Terminal override colors actually set:

Answer

When you select a folder (or document) you can enable the option to show all objects from all subfolders to make it easier to bulk-edit all your objects in the document. I recommend you check out this videos:

https://www.royalapps.com/go/kb-ts-win-bulkedit

Regarding the default settings: make sure you also switch to the PuTTY plugin in the default settings before you set any of the putty defaults. Then it should use the default settings as configured for new connections.

Regards,
Stefan

The bulk edit is working fine, but the issue is on adding a new Terminal connection.

However, I think this was my issue you mentioned:

I have redone the defaults in teh plugin for Terminal under Putty and it is working now. I sincerely appreciate your replies while I try to get a feel for the app coming from another app that no longer was working well for me.

This seems to be a gem!

I'm always happy to help. Glad you could make it work. Please let us know if you have any further questions or issues.

cheers,
Stefan

Login or Signup to post a comment