Start a new topic
Answered

OTP Support (Authlite)

Hi everyone,
I can see a few older posts asking for OTP Support.
We want to use Authlite for admin accounts, but really love RoyalTS and don't want to break the user experience.

Are there any news to this?

Best Answer

Hi there,

we've had a ticket a while a go regarding MFA Authlite support, and this was the configuration used to make it work:

The credential object was configured like this:

Once I double-click on the connection, I'm prompted to enter the OTP from the Google Authenticator:

Afterward, I was connected to the test system.

Could you test if this is what you were looking for?

Best regards,

Christoph

Hi!

Can you elaborate what you mean exactly with "OTP Support"? If you are using Royal Server, you can already use OTP for accessing documents and for secure gateway connections. If you are referring to OTP support for connection types and logins, it depends on the connection and how the client can handle OTP requests.

Regards,
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

I am currently investigating in royal server but yet alone the windows server license exceeds the cost of authlite for one user. So probably I will stick to RoyalTS without Royal Server (but I need some kind of 2FA anyway).

Authlite is a two-factor authentication for Active Directory. It works with YubiKeys.

It supports native windows rdp protocol by installing a small program on the rdp target machine. 

https://www.authlite.com/capabilities/rdp/

It was asked here but seems litte outdated:

https://support.royalapps.com/support/discussions/topics/17000020743

Answer

Hi there,

we've had a ticket a while a go regarding MFA Authlite support, and this was the configuration used to make it work:

The credential object was configured like this:

Once I double-click on the connection, I'm prompted to enter the OTP from the Google Authenticator:

Afterward, I was connected to the test system.

Could you test if this is what you were looking for?

Best regards,

Christoph

In case of RDP OTP, you can try the solution Christoph has just posted. Does this work for you?

Regards,
Stefan

Hm I am acutally looking for using yubikeys (the small usb-stick for authentication). Maybe I will just get one for testing and see what I can achieve with RoyalTs :)

If I have something new I will post it here.

I just used these instructions to set up to add my Authlite OTP to my AD credentials. When starting an RDP connection, it prompts for the MFA. I pressed the button on my Yubikey and it worked perfectly. I tested my Authlite "online" token, and it worked perfectly as well.

This is about as seamless as MFA gets. Well done, Royal!

Hi Michael,

thanks for the kind words and glad this is working for you.

Have a great day!

Best regards,

Christoph

Login or Signup to post a comment