Start a new topic
Answered

Smart reconnect without entering password

Hi,

I have a domain administration password that I do not want to store on any device. I am currently testing royalts and using the smart reconenct feature in an external windows (RDP). When resizing it asks me to enter the password again - is there any way to move around this?
Coming from devolutions remote desktop manager I did not have to re-enter password when using smart reconnect for resizing the windows.

Thanks in advance,

Best Answer

Hi!

The reason you may get prompt for credentials is probably because you submitted the credentials directly to the ActiveX. So Royal TS doesn't really know what you entered. You can avoid this by configuring the credential properties of your RDP connection to "Specify credential by name" and in the name you put a ?. This way, Royal TS is prompting for the credential and is using it for the ActiveX. A smart reconnect can then reuse the password. Note that the password is still not stored in any of your documents!

Alternatively you can try Fast Smart Reconnect in the plugin options to avoid re-entering the credentials:

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Stefan

Answer

Hi!

The reason you may get prompt for credentials is probably because you submitted the credentials directly to the ActiveX. So Royal TS doesn't really know what you entered. You can avoid this by configuring the credential properties of your RDP connection to "Specify credential by name" and in the name you put a ?. This way, Royal TS is prompting for the credential and is using it for the ActiveX. A smart reconnect can then reuse the password. Note that the password is still not stored in any of your documents!

Alternatively you can try Fast Smart Reconnect in the plugin options to avoid re-entering the credentials:

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Stefan

1 person likes this

Hi Stefan,

thank you very much for your information!

Both methods are working perfectly! Thank you very much!

You're welcome!

Login or Signup to post a comment