Start a new topic

Release of RoyalTS V7

Hello there,

we are currently using RoyalTS V7 and are very happy about the possibility to connect to an Windows server over a proxy with freeRDP, which wasn't possible in RoyalTS V6. Is there an approximate time when version 7 will be fully released?

Thank you and regards

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

thank you very much for the kind words! Unfortunately, we don't have a release date set in stone yet. I am really sorry that I can't give you a more exact answer!

Kind regards,

Germar

Hi Germar,

we don't need an exact date. To know if there is a Release in the next 6 Months or  not until 2024 would be very helpful for our future planings with RoyalTS.

kind regards

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

if everything is going well, we are looking for a release in the first quarter.

Regards,
Stefan

3 people like this

Hi there,

Is there any news in the meantime about the full release of version 7?

kind regards

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I'm sorry for the delay. A couple of unfortunate circumstances caused us to postpone the release. With vacations coming up, we will not be able to release before August. We are always careful with estimates because we prefer to ship when it's ready, not when a certain time has passed. We are aware that a longer beta phase might be inconvenient and we sincerely apologize for that.

Regards,
Stefan

1 person likes this

Hi there,

I was wondering if there is any reason why I couldn't upgrade my instance from the beta to the stable release once the development for the Server and Client has been completed. Are there any possibilities of breaking documents or encountering any issues that you are aware of? (Besides the obvious possibility of having bugs or a less reliable experience while using the beta)

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Gabriel

Hi Gabriel,

so far we are not aware of any breaking change when upgrading from previous stable or the current beta releases to the next version. There shouldn't be any problem as far as I can tell. The more problematic behavior (especially regarding Royal Server), is to roll back from one major version to the previous. There are sometimes feature which must be "migrated" to a new configuration format and getting back might cause issues with the configuration. MFA users on the server side or IP bindings, for example. These are some areas where we need to upgrade/convert existing configuration to a new one.

Regards,
Stefan

Will the TSX v6 will also be released at the same time as TS v7?

That's the plan, yes.

2 people like this
Login or Signup to post a comment