Start a new topic

Disable Hotkeys

I work primarily with Cisco routers.  For those devices I use Ctrl+P to repeat the last command.  But in RoyalTS (Windows) it captures this key combination and thinks I want to do pull up the Properties page.

How can I send Ctrl+P to the SSH session, not to RoyalTS?

Thanks.

Hi Dan,

may I ask what version of Royal TS you are using?

Regards,
Stefan

I am on v6.1.50504.  I'm tired of our "other" SSH client not having an easy way to handle common credentials across multiple SSH sessions, so I'm reevaluating RoyalTS.  :-)

Thanks.

Hi Dan,

looks like you found a bug in Royal TS when using Rebex based terminal connections. "Local" keyboard shortcuts shouldn't be processed when the terminal is focused but the CTRL+P shortcut is a "chord shortcut" which waits for a second key press. There's a bug which doesn't honor that for those kinds of shortcuts.

I fixed that internally just now and it's working for me. The next release will include that fix.

In the meantime you can switch to the PuTTY based plugin because it's not happening there.

Sorry for the inconvenience but thanks for bringing it to our attention!

Regards,
Stefan

Great.  Thank you.

How often do those engineering changes get pushed out to the community?  I.e., how long do I wait to get this fix?  :-)

Thanks!

Depending on the number of fixes and severity we release once a month or every two months. After releases with a lot of new features we sometimes have releases every week or two. For this particular fix I estimate it will be within this month maybe earlier.

Regards,
Stefan

Login or Signup to post a comment