Start a new topic

Putty cursor thinks it's not in focus

Not a "problem" per se, but:

Recently, the input cursor in my Putty session tabs has turned into an empty block, instead of a filled block, which normally indicates that the Putty window is not currently in focus.

However, it clearly is, I'm typing in it. ;-)

It changes to a filled block if I click my mouse inside the tab and stays that way for as long as I hold the mouse button, but as soon as I release the mouse button, the cursor returns to the empty block.

Is this related to the external application integration rewrite that was in 6.1?

I'm using version 6.1.50420.

ok.png
(12.9 KB)
notok.png
(13.9 KB)

We are not aware of any clipboard issues with PuTTY. Can you elaborate and provide some repro steps?

This has only started happening to me after the latest update. So you're saying there's nothing that can be done, even though whatever has happened in the update has caused the issue? It's causing all sorts of issues with copying and pasting from/to linux machines.

Alrighty, thanks for the quick reply!

You're right. I didn't notice because I usually don't use the block style. It looks like this is a side effect related to the re-parenting of the external window we do. Looks like there's not much we can do, sorry!

Login or Signup to post a comment