Start a new topic

SSH Connections constantly grabbing focus

Hopefully I'm missing a checkbox somewhere... but...

Currently whenever I open a new SSH session it will grab focus as it connects, which is fine, but then whenever I try and go to the navigation section or open a right click menu etc the SSH window will steal the focus back.

If I have another type of session already open (such as RDP) I can click that session first and it will then let me continue working as expected, however if I only have an SSH session open it is impossible to use any other function without first exiting the session due to it constantly regrabbing focus.

Is anyone aware if this is a setup issue or a bug?  This has been happening for a good few months and I'm pretty sure across a few different versions (currently running 5.4.60402).

Hi Stehpen,

when this happens, it sometimes help to reset the app configuration file. You can try this by renaming the %appdata%\code4ward\code4ward.RoyalTS.UserPreferences.config file while Royal TS is closed.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Stefan

I'm usually loathed to do that, always feels like it's pushing support onto the user rather than a company properly supporting it's product (i.e. it's easier for them to tell you to faff around putting all your settings back in than actually figuring out what's wrong).

It didn't work anyway though...

What I have noticed is that it seems to be in someway linked to the Dashboard tab, in that if I have the Dashboard tab present it doesnt seem to have the problem.  I can add/remove the Dashboard tab and it will instantally cause/fix the problem.

In fact, when the Dashboard tab is present clicking in the navigation section to type the name of a new connection actually changes the focus automatically to the Dashboard tab.  I'm assuming there's some logic missing in the code that skips that change of focus if the Dashboard tab is missing, causing it to go to the last used tab.

Hi Stephen,

we actually released a new beta version where we have completely rewritten the external application embedding. Are you able to install/test the beta build?

https://www.royalapps.com/go/kb-ts-win-downloadbeta

If you don't have a license key, you can request a trial key here:

https://royalapps.com/trial/

Regards,
Stefan

Unfortunately I'm not able to update RoyalTS on this particular machine, however I have tried to replicate this issue on other machines with no luck.  

As it seems I will be getting a new laptop shortly, and that we'll be moving to v6 in the coming weeks, I'll just live with it until then!

Many Thanks

Ste.

I see. Please keep us posted if you still see this issue in the V6 release.

Regards,
Stefan

Login or Signup to post a comment