Start a new topic

Multiple Monitors and Display options

This app does not seem to work like regular windows RDP. By that when I choose full screen and use Multiple monitors in Windows RDP the connection will open and scale according to the size of each screen. I have three screens and it opens in three screens just fine.  If I try to do this in Royal TS by setting (Window Mode)

Open connection in External Window Full Screen and select the Use multiple monitors option it will open the connection on my main display only. If I hit the maximize or minimize option it will attempt to use all screens but treats all three of my monitors as one large screen and this throws the scaling off as well.

Am I missing something here or is this not possible?

Hi Robert,

any chance your screens do not all have the same DPI settings?

Regards,
Stefan

yes two of them are 1900 X 1200 and the other a Laptop is 2560 X 1440. I did go into Options General and set display scaling to Per Monitor aware. That did not seem to help.

Hi Robert,

the screen resolutions should be ok but important is, if all the screens have the same DPI scaling factor (e.g. all screens are set to 100% or 150% or so). If one screen has a different scaling factor, this wouldn't work because of the limitations of the RDP activex control which ships with Windows.

Regards,
Stefan

Yes that was the problem. Two monitors were at 100 scaling and the laptop at 150. I set them all to 125 percent and that seems to work as expected. 

FYI the default app for Windows does not seem to have an issue with scaling at least I do not believe it has an issue with it. 

Yes, we are aware of the issue but unfortunately we can't really do anything about it unless "fixes" the Windows component we use for RDP.

Glad you got it working with a common DPI scaling!

cheers,
Stefan

Login or Signup to post a comment