Start a new topic
Answered

Update Chrome Plugin?

Is there a way to update the chrome plugin?  Separately from the rest of the product?

Current latest update on my desktop, Version 96.0.4664.93 (Official Build) (64-bit)

In RoyalTS it seems is 86? (just got prompted about certain features from a web site, I don't notice anything not working, but it cared enough to tell me there was a possibility and a version mismatch).

Sumologic if you are curious.

Or any of them really? Or is it an embedded requirement of the product (my current guess)

Best Answer

Hi Andrew,

the google chromium engine we use in Royal TS is a 3rd party component which bundles a special build of the chromium engine to make it work in .NET applications. Unfortunately, we can't swap/upgrade the engine, only Essential Objects (the 3rd party company) can provide an update where the engine has been updated as well. Providing/adapting the .NET bindings for a new engine is a very complex undertaking and takes a lot of time and effort. As far as we know, there's an update planned to include the latest chromium engine in the next few weeks.

Regards,
Stefan

1 Comment

Answer

Hi Andrew,

the google chromium engine we use in Royal TS is a 3rd party component which bundles a special build of the chromium engine to make it work in .NET applications. Unfortunately, we can't swap/upgrade the engine, only Essential Objects (the 3rd party company) can provide an update where the engine has been updated as well. Providing/adapting the .NET bindings for a new engine is a very complex undertaking and takes a lot of time and effort. As far as we know, there's an update planned to include the latest chromium engine in the next few weeks.

Regards,
Stefan

Login or Signup to post a comment