Start a new topic
Implemented

Use of Environment Variables in Connection/Credential Fields

We would like to habe a way to use Windows environment variables (like %USERNAME% or $env:username in PowerShell) in RDP or SSH/Terminal Connection Fields like the Target or the Credential Username Field.

See example_usage_royalts.png attached as I would think of to use that env variable. We can't use a specific or existing Credential object in this case as we would have to create credential object for each connection.

ASG Remote Desktop as an example does it with the variable %LocalUsername% which takes the currently logged in username. 

For Proxy solutions or Privileged Access Management solutions with a Gateway this method is really useful to have shared connection for multiple users but with different usernames.

Or another example, to use the %USERNAME% in "Program" Configuration of RDP Connections.

Hi,

the next minor release of Royal TS will have this feature on board. Here's a preview of the docs for that feature:

https://docs.royalapps.com/r2021/royalts/advanced/tokens.html#environment-variables

Regards,
Stefan

Hi 

Just tested out RoyalTS Version 6.00.51005 with inserting environment variables $Env.  and it works perfect!

Really happy to have such a well developed product in place.

I will continue to replace more ASG Remote Desktop installations wherever I see them

Great to hear that!

cheers,

Stefan

Login or Signup to post a comment