Start a new topic

6.0 got released, installed it. 5.0 was still installed and lead to license issues when accidentally starting it - removed it - LOST ALL MY CONFIGURATION

This is absolutely not okay.

Exactly the kind of thing that makes me want to switch to Remote Desktop Manager

What the actual shit

1 Comment

Hi Marco,

I'm sorry you experienced issues with the upgrade. At this point I'm pretty sure, all I write will not really matter but I'm trying anyway:

•  first of all, just because you don't see your configuration in the app, doesn't mean you lost all your configuration. Royal TS (as many other tools) write the configuration in files (Royal TS documents) and if you don't see your configuration, it can simply be re-opened at any time. Even if the configuration files are lost or corrupt, Royal TS keeps local backups in the %temp% directory.
  • did you open a support ticket to resolve your issue? I searched our ticket database with your email and couldn't find anything.
  • lastly, I also checked our tickets for similar cases and it appears to be an isolated issue. Not sure what happened on your system but since you are a user of Royal TS, I'm assuming you work in IT and know that all sorts of things can happen, regardless how good you test something. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience and if you want us to help you resolve your issue, please open a support ticket so that we can gather more information and provide assistance.

Regards,
Stefan

Login or Signup to post a comment