Start a new topic
Solved

missing direct access for favorites

Hello,

in new v6 I am missing direct access for favorites. I need two clicks and one move with mouse for same result. I don't thing that other users needs so long search bar for text.

Thank you

Filip

Hi Filip,

I can see that this change may be an issue for some users but if you look at the filter menu, it was extended quite a bit and all commands/options don't really fit as toolbar buttons. This "cleaner" approach to bundle up all options into the filter button may be something users have to get used to. Putting one or two buttons up there makes it inconsistent and other users might complain why "their" button is not in the toolbar.

I will move this entry into the "problems" section of the forum and see if others have difficulties, feedback or suggestions on how to improve this.

Regards,
Stefan

hi Stefan, 

how about to have manu like this:

"Favorites" "In/Active connections" "Menu with all/rest options"

?

Thank you

Filip

hi Stefan, or make it customizable. Filip

I would rather avoid more icons or additional configuration options if possible to keep the layout as clean as possible. What about a keyboard shortcut which allows you to toggle those filter settings?

This is a feature I use constantly. I just went back to 5.x because I spent 30 minutes looking. I have so many connections I deal with and switch between favorites and back constantly during the day. I see how to get there now, but that's annoying to have extra clicks. Any way at all we can bring back the icon? PLEASE? I like some of the new features of 6, but not enough to give up the simplicity of that single click. 

Thanks for the feedback. I will see what I can do.

Hi Jan,

this is currently a bug when the Navigation panel is in auto hide mode. It's already fixed internally. The next minor release will have this fix on board. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Regards,
Stefan

Unfortunately, the hotkey, Control F that is associated with it invokes FIND and doesn't toggle the Favorite on or off.  It's a button I clicked a dozen times a day, now you have to go find it in a sub menu. At least make the hotkey work if it's going to be nested in a menu now instead of a clickable icon some where if possible.

Hi Troy,

if you press Ctrl + F and then hit the F button again, the 'Favorite' filter will be applied.

Furthermore, you can display the icons in the Navigation Search bar, by heading to the User Interface options and enabling the 'Show Main Filter Buttons' checkbox.

The icons should then show up again:

I hope this helps!

best regards,

Christoph

Login or Signup to post a comment