Start a new topic

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\clr.dll

Just downloaded RoyalTS for the first time ever, and the app crashes according to the Event Logs

Faulting application name: RoyalTS.exe, version: 5.2.60406.0, time stamp: 0x5e8b47e6
Faulting module name: clr.dll, version: 4.8.4042.0, time stamp: 0x5d7a9f30
Exception code: 0xc00000fd
Fault offset: 0x0000000000003208
Faulting process id: 0x3a6c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d60e715cbe74ab
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Royal TS V5\RoyalTS.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
Report Id: 67b50e6c-f3d1-4bdc-97e3-07b6afb517df
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Looks like I downloaded 5.2.60.  I am running Windows 10 build 18363 with .Net 4.8 installed

Hi,

we are aware of this issue and it seems that this crash is happening since the latest update in Windows when the latest version is installed initially. If you download the previous version:

https://download.royalapps.com/RoyalTS/RoyalTSInstaller_5.02.60304.0.msi

it should run. Once it ran, you should also be able to update to the latest version.

Can you confirm this?

We are currently investigating what's going on and we hope we can fix the issue with a new build against .net 4.8.

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Stefan

1 person likes this

Hi,

I have the same problem.

It looks like a stack overflow, RoyalTS is trying to read:

C:\Users\[...]\AppData\Roaming\code4ward\code4ward.RoyalTS.UserPreferences.config

...in a neverending loop, until the application just gives up.

If ever that might be helpful?

Seb T

That might be a good clue. Thanks for the details. I will continue to investigate...

1 person likes this

I can also confirm that the downgrade to v5.02.60304.0 has been a success.

The older version of the application is functional.

For the moment, I don't intend to upgrade again.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Seb T

We just released a fix. Please head to our download page and install the newest release:
https://royalapps.com/ts/win/download

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Stefan

1 person likes this

Looks like it is working, at least the app opened.  Thanks

Quite frankly I'm astonished by your good work.
A reply from the developers in under a day, and a new release in less than a day...

I uninstalled v5.02.60304.0, removed the "%appdata%\code4ward" directory to test, and installed v5.02.60410.0. It works!

And finally, I normally install/update via Chocolatey and had fully expected there to be some lag time between the release and the update of the repo. Not in this case: you pushed the update to Chocolatey as well.

Awesome job Stefan, thanks!

Seb T

Thanks for the kind words. This is when days of hard work in completely automating the release process pays off ;)

cheers!

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\clr.dll ERROR CODE Oxc000012f error PL.GUIDE HOW TO REMOVE THIS ERROR.I AM USING WINDOWS 10 64 BITS LENOVA DESK TOP

What version of Royal TS are you using?

Login or Signup to post a comment