Start a new topic
Answered

Single User Licence / Mixed PC (Company & Private)

Hy!

I would buy for me a single user licence. For my understanding the term said I can install it on multiple devices. So my question is now, can I install Royal TS on my company working computer and on my private notebook and PC at home?

Or in that case do I need another licencse for the company working computer?

Thank You!

Best Answer

Hi Karl,

this is allowed as long as you (the licensee) is using the app on those computers.

Regards,
Stefan

Answer

Hi Karl,

this is allowed as long as you (the licensee) is using the app on those computers.

Regards,
Stefan

Thats fine. Yes it's only me who is using those PC's.

Thank you!

Regars,

Karl

Hallo, I face the same situation as  above. I would like to intall the app on my company pc and my home computer. Non of them is in domain so there is never the same user name identificator. The problem is that the user on my company computer is named generically like user01 but my home computer user is named myrealname patern.

Can you tell me how do you determine who the licensee and how do you tell it is ok?

Hi Pavel,

there's no username verification. What my previous answer meant was merely that as long as you have a legit license, you are allowed to use this on your home PC as well - at least from our licensing perspective. You still need to obtain the license information from your company. If your company provides the license information for you, you have our blessing.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Stefan

Hy!

But i bought the licence on my real name and private e-mail address. I did that for the case if I change the company so I can take my licence with me to use it in the new company too. Is that legit for you? or would i get some problems with that way i use my licence?

At home that my private Notebook and I only use that and at work thats my PC with my User credentials and real name.

Regars,

Karl

Since we license on a per user basis, you can use the license on multiple PCs, regardless if that's a company license or a license you obtained by your own. As long as you do not pass on the license to your colleagues and only you use the license, it's OK. Our fair use policy allows you to use the license on up to 10 installations - as long as it is you (the licensed user) who is using the software.

Note that for the Royal Server Personal License, the rules are different. Because we bundle Royal Server and Royal TS/X clients for a very low price. In this special case, the license is only allowed to use by individuals, not for commercial use.

I hope I could clarify the licensing for you.

Regards,
Stefan

Thank you!

No I don't share the license it is only me who is using the Royal TS. Yes now its really clear.

Thank you.

You're welcome! Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Stefan

Login or Signup to post a comment