Start a new topic
Answered

Keep web cookies after closing Royal TS

Hello everyone,

I am using web pages connections (with Chrome engine) to manage a lot of services in my LAN.

However, some web consoles require to keep cookies in order to get a certain customization level (I'm thinking Ubiquiti, for an example).

I have a simple question: is it possible to keep cookies after a Royal TS is closed ?

(I am using Windows version)

I tried to run with dedicated engine activated and a specific path for cache and cookies, but it didn't help. The folder is wiped once Royal TS is closed.

Some help would be highly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Best Answer

Hi Branko!

by default, the cache path is %temp%\Royal TS V6\Plugins\F008C2F0-5FB3-4C5E-A8EB-8072C1183088\Browser Cache\[engine id]

The first part of the path (%temp%\Royal TS V6) can be changed by changing the application settings' Temporary Path: https://docs.royalapps.com/r2021/royalts/advanced/appsettings.html

Changing this will affect all temporary files Royal TS may write (for example: PuTTY.exe)

The GUID is the id of the plugin (Chromium Web Page Connection)

The [engine id] depends on the engine settings and may be the connection id or some shared id (feature will be introduced in V7).

You can also enable a dedicated engine for your web page connection and specify a custom cache path:

https://docs.royalapps.com/r2021/royalts/reference/connections/web-page-chrome.html#cache-path

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Stefan

Hi,

the 3rd party component behaves that way and as far as I know, there's no way for us to change this behavior. I've contacted their support to see if there's a way and keep you posted.

Regards,
Stefan

Hi again!

The next release will have an option in the Advanced page to control whether or not to clear the cache when a connection is closed.

Regards,
Stefan

Thanks a lot!

I'll wait patiently until next version!

Hi,

a question regarding keeping cache and cookies. Where are they stored on the filesystem? Im worried a bit about cache to fill out the system drive in a while if the Connections are keeping the cache stored. Is there a certain process included that periodically deletes "older then x" cache?

Would love to hear more explanation about this, thank you.

Best regards

Answer

Hi Branko!

by default, the cache path is %temp%\Royal TS V6\Plugins\F008C2F0-5FB3-4C5E-A8EB-8072C1183088\Browser Cache\[engine id]

The first part of the path (%temp%\Royal TS V6) can be changed by changing the application settings' Temporary Path: https://docs.royalapps.com/r2021/royalts/advanced/appsettings.html

Changing this will affect all temporary files Royal TS may write (for example: PuTTY.exe)

The GUID is the id of the plugin (Chromium Web Page Connection)

The [engine id] depends on the engine settings and may be the connection id or some shared id (feature will be introduced in V7).

You can also enable a dedicated engine for your web page connection and specify a custom cache path:

https://docs.royalapps.com/r2021/royalts/reference/connections/web-page-chrome.html#cache-path

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Stefan

1 person likes this

Hello Stefan,

thank you for this thorough explanation. If it's using the %temp%, then it's not a big deal, I was fearing it would write data into %AppData%, which could've filled the system drive eventually. As per the docs you linked, the cache is cleared after closing the app, which is excellent.

This docs site is pretty detailed, would be great if it was linked in the main website at the top navigation between "Support" and "Blog".

Best regards

You're welcome!

We will discuss your suggestion to link to the docs directly but you can get easily to the docs in the app by just pressing F1 or clicking on the Help button on the ribbon.

Regards,
Stefan

Hello,

ah right, it was available from the application. I see you've added the link to the main site, thank you very much.

IMHO this way potential users who are exploring the application can overview different functionalities right fromt he website and are therefore more eager to try the app.

Best regards

Thanks again for the feedback, Branko!

Login or Signup to post a comment