Start a new topic
In Progress

MFA for Secure Gateway

=== Feature Enhancement Request ===

We're trying out the Multifactor Authentication (MFA, a.k.a, two-factor or 2FA) feature on the Document Store on Royal Server.  It works great!  But that's not quite what we needed.

Can we do MFA on the Royal Server Secure Gateway?  For instance, when the engineers arrive in the morning they would have to MFA to get their first connection through the Secure Gateway but after that, all new sessions would go through the Secure Gateway without re-checking the MFA.

There should probably be a setting for Maximum-Session-Time to time-out the session and force the MFA to repeat.  We'd probably set ours to 30 hours or something to let users get a full day's work in.  

We use Duo Security here but the Microsoft Authenticator is a valid second option for us.

Thank you.

11 people like this idea

I'm sorry this has taken so long but I just wanted to let you know that we are working on this. Stay tuned...

RADIUS would be even better imo because you could proxy RADIUS requests to an MFA provider to still give you the MFA ability.

I'm going to be demoing RoyalTS / Royal Server to our security team, and I'm likely to get shot down over this missing feature.  I'll be waiting to see how this develops.

Would really love to see Duo or Google Auth on the gateway, or really any standard internet-based 2FA authenticator.

We'd love to see this feature too!

I'm subscribed to this threat and completely agree with Wolfgang. This is an absolute must that we've been waiting a long time for. I would like an update as well.

My team is already using RoyalTS, and we need a connection broker like RoyalServer.

MFA is mandatory for us, so we are waiting for this feature.

Any news on when this will arrive?

This will be in the next major version of Royal Server. A beta version will be available in the next few weeks.

We too need the 2FA component.  We're searching vendors for solutions and I've been a RoyalTS user for 8+ years.  Please let your engineering and pm teams understand how important this is in today's network environment.  We'd love to rollout RoyalTS as our solution for MFA SSH and RDP.

Login or Signup to post a comment