Start a new topic
In Progress

MFA for Secure Gateway

=== Feature Enhancement Request ===

We're trying out the Multifactor Authentication (MFA, a.k.a, two-factor or 2FA) feature on the Document Store on Royal Server.  It works great!  But that's not quite what we needed.

Can we do MFA on the Royal Server Secure Gateway?  For instance, when the engineers arrive in the morning they would have to MFA to get their first connection through the Secure Gateway but after that, all new sessions would go through the Secure Gateway without re-checking the MFA.

There should probably be a setting for Maximum-Session-Time to time-out the session and force the MFA to repeat.  We'd probably set ours to 30 hours or something to let users get a full day's work in.  

We use Duo Security here but the Microsoft Authenticator is a valid second option for us.

Thank you.

11 people like this idea

Would also need this feature!

Any update on MFA for Royal Gateway?

It is now a security requirement for us to MFA all external URLs (even if pinned to VPN), so we need this feature ASAP.  What is the ETA?

We don't have yet an ETA as Rebex is still working on it. When we get a new version with MFA support we will provide a new version as soon as possible.

New UI looks very good! Hopefully we have a full release shortly! Our team is dying to get this but in-stable!

Any update on MFA for Royal Gateway?

Unfortunately we still have no ETA for the 3rd party vendor component. Not sure if we are able to implement it in the V4 release. Might be V4.1 or so.

I saw this the other day when i logged into the Royal Server.

We would love to see an Azure MFA integration or Microsoft authenticator.

@Wolfgang Bäck: right now we plan to enable the already existing MFA providers we support for the document store. Regarding Azure MFA: I'm not sure if we can easily integrate it like the other providers but I kindly ask you to create a dedicated feature request for that and if you happen to know resources like docs for SDKs on how to integrate it in other apps, please include that as well. Thanks!

okay, finally got this working today and first impressions are good.

A few suggestions

1) When adding the MFA users and the standard windows "Select Users or Groups" comes up, it would be good to default to Entire directory if the server is in a domain. An alternate would be to detect where in the tree the last search was performed from and repeat the use of that node unless changed. 

Adding a number of domain users gets old real quick when having to keep switching from the local server to the domain :(

2) I'd like the ability to add both the user_id and the cache timeout to the MFA userlist via the column chooser. In general I think you should have the option of seeing every value presented in the user that exists in the edit field for a user

All in all this is really promising and I'm looking forward to seeing where it ends up ! It helps enormously with the sell job to management both of Royal TS and RoyalServer

Hey Stefan,

Any idea on when this will come out of beta and into the stable version?

We have no specific date right now. We are currently reworking the Royal Server console UI and we are not really sure how long this will take but we aim for May, hopefully April.

We're looking for a similar solution to provide MFA to the secure gateway before being able to access remote sessions. This is a huge auditing item and would certainly be a selling point for us. I'm going to subscribe as well. Is there a formal place to put in feature requests, or is this the correct forum?

I'm the exact same as Stephen, I love the solution as a whole but it's hard to justify without the 2FA upon connection

SAML or Radius would do. If we had Radius we could just use Windows NPS and AzureAD extension to do MFA. Either fits our requirements. 

Login or Signup to post a comment