Start a new topic

Crash at the 27th login

Hello!

I have Win10 1809 x64 and Royal TS 4.3.61022.

Every 27th login attempt the software crashes.

It is not necessary to enter the credentials, after the 27th login box, RoyalTS crashes.

Maybe it's the same problem like this --> https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/352484/buffer-overflow-within-windowsuixamlhostdll-when-p.html

If you try with mstsc.exe directly, there is no problem.

Is there a solution for this, or can someone reproduce my problem?

Here is the Eventlog:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: RoyalTS.exe, Version: 4.3.61022.10000, Zeitstempel: 0x5bcdaa8a

Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: Windows.UI.XamlHost.dll, Version: 10.0.17763.1, Zeitstempel: 0x0e34a79b

Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000409

Fehleroffset: 0x000000000000c696

ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x1d84

Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d4a84545f4732a

Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files (x86)\code4ward.net\Royal TS V4\RoyalTS.exe

Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.XamlHost.dll

Bye!

Hi Christoph,

yes this is a known problem caused by the credential prompt from the system.

The only way to prevent these crashes until Microsoft resolves the bug is to:

• store the credentials in the connection object itself
  • store the credentials in credential objects and refer to them in your connection
  • select "Credential by Name" in the "Credential Mode" in the "Credentials" settings of the connection properties and put a "?" (without the double-quotes). This will show you the Royal TS internal credential picker to prompt for the username and password (or select an existing credential).

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Stefan

Hello Stefan!

Thanks for the Info, but it seems i have to wait for the Bugfix from Microsoft, because i have some terminal servers, where a GPO forced passwort entering is needed.

So saved credentials would not work.

Point 3 of your tipps also let the MS credential box pop up after the Royal TS internal credential picker, because of the GPO.

I saw the post from you at the site i have linked. It seems this bug is closed, because i can't vote.

Does it means, MS would not solve this problem?

Regards,

Christoph.

I don't think MS solved this. I was also not able to vote or comment, that's why I wrote a "solution" to chime in. I think they forwarded the bug to a different team but unfortunately we do not know a link or any other way to interact with that team. We can only hope for the best...

If someone from our customers has an enterprise agreement with Microsoft and/or a technical account manager, it would be worth trying to leverage that to get a status update to the issue.

Regards,
Stefan

I have an open a case at Microsoft about this issue.

So far I have provided them with information that the issue seems to exist in build 1709 and 1809. They are currently looking in to it.

Hi Henrik,

that's good news. I've also forwarded this issue to some Microsoft folks. Let's hope they get it fixed soon.

Regards,
Stefan

I’ve received information that Microsoft are working on a fix.

The fix will be developed for the vNext version of Windows (19H2) first and then backported to previous versions: 19H1 (1903) and RS5 (1809). I haven’t received an ETA yet.

Thanks for the information, Henrik. I'm happy to hear that Microsoft is going to publish a fix...

cheers

Short update:

I've received a private “beta” fix for testing purposes and it seems to correct the problem.

Excellent news, Henrik. Thanks for sharing!

Fix for Windows 10, 1903 has been released https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4512941
(I currently don’t have any 1903 so I can’t verify if it solves the problem).

Preliminary dates for other versions:

1809 – fix planned for second half of September 2019

1803  fix planned for second half of October 2019

Fix for Windows 10, 1809 has been released https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4516077/windows-10-update-kb4516077

I did a quick test, it seems to solve the problem.

Thanks for the link and for the confirmation. I'm glad MS finally fixed this issue...

Login or Signup to post a comment