Start a new topic
Answered

High DPI screens and new Microsoft RDP tool

I know the High DPI problem isn't Code4ward's issue. It is very much how the RDP functionality from Microsoft handles the DPI scaling issues.

However, Microsoft just took their latest RDP client out of beta and it does work on high DPI screens. No more lost cursors or super tiny mouse pointers.

But... their UI sucks. RoyalTS is far superior at organizing all of my connections. To the point that I wrote some automation that generates a new connections file daily in my highly dynamic remote data center, so that I always have the latest connections listed that I need. { I also leverage it for so much more then just simple RDP! }

So... (unless Microsoft is being di*ks with licensing), how long before RoyalTS can leverage the new RDP client / engine capabilities? Since it is not an OS installed default app, I could see a possible 'either/or' toggle for people to pick which way they want to run RDP connections.

Best Answer

Hi Bruce,

unfortunately we can't make use of MS' RDP client directly in Royal TS. Since we "embed" the RDP session in Royal TS, we depend on their RDP ActiveX control. As soon as Microsoft updates the ActiveX control, the issue will be resolved in Royal TS as well. As mentioned in our KB here https://support.royalapplications.com/support/solutions/articles/17000049404-mouse-cursor-issue-with-high-dpi-in-remote-desktop-sessions the best way to get MS to fix the issue is to provide feedback using the feedback hub app in Windows 10 - or, if you have some sort of support contract with MS, you could also open a case with them.

Regards,
Stefan

1 Comment

Answer

Hi Bruce,

unfortunately we can't make use of MS' RDP client directly in Royal TS. Since we "embed" the RDP session in Royal TS, we depend on their RDP ActiveX control. As soon as Microsoft updates the ActiveX control, the issue will be resolved in Royal TS as well. As mentioned in our KB here https://support.royalapplications.com/support/solutions/articles/17000049404-mouse-cursor-issue-with-high-dpi-in-remote-desktop-sessions the best way to get MS to fix the issue is to provide feedback using the feedback hub app in Windows 10 - or, if you have some sort of support contract with MS, you could also open a case with them.

Regards,
Stefan

Login or Signup to post a comment