Start a new topic
Implemented

Feature request: Force MFA to reprompt on any re/connect

I have servers set up in my environment to use a RoyalTS credential with MFA enabled. This works most of the time, but sometimes I'm unlucky and the TOTP is incorrect (maybe clock drift between the server and my MFA device). When this happens, it appears that RoyalTS is defaulting to prompting for username/password. I also see this behavior on reconnect (what appears to happen is that it resends the MFA-enhanced credentials from the initial connection, but the TOTP token is no longer valid and so authentication fails and I'm left to manually input the credentials).

What I'd like to have happen instead is for RoyalTS to prompt for the MFA again and re-tokenize the username or password (as configured in the RoyalTS Credential) and present that to the server.

Hi Ben,

I've just implemented that change. We still need to do some more testing but the next minor release should have this on board.

Regards,
Stefan

That's wonderful news. Thank you so much for the quick turnaround!

You're welcome, Ben! Thanks for the feedback.

I just saw that the update with this feature is live and I was excited to try it out. It works as expected. Which understates my joy by a lot. Thank you so much!

Login or Signup to post a comment