Start a new topic

Add support for RealVNC VNC Viewer.

tightvnc doesnt seem to work with MAC osx.

Hey Stefan! thanks for letting me know. And thanks for the KB! that would be very helpful for people that run into this again :)

Ok, so, setting the credentials works. Its time to do something at Royal, to ask for credentials, or the error to be "set credentials" that would save 30 minutes of googling to fin this hidden post and read all replies... :D

I have that setting configured. Tight VNC doesn’t work. Keep getting an error about DES encryption.

That's strange. I'm not able to reproduce the error on my test systems. 

What version of Royal TS are you running?

Can you switch to the other TightVNC plugin which is using the locally installed client?

Regards,
Stefan

I imagined that something like that was happening that was not "fixed" already. (and with fixed I mean just dropping the correct error) Maybe add the error to a troubleshooting guide somewhere? Maybe when connecting to vnc ask for credentials by default? and a checkbox to "do not ask" if still someone out there that leaves a vnc server without a password... Is not difficult to reproduce, just install TightVNC server on any windows 10 or 2019+ server and try to connect to it without setting credentials 

Thanks for the reply!

Thanks for confirming, Nicholas!

Would you be able to switch back to the integrated plugin, enable Debug or Verbose logging in the Options, freshly start Royal TS, initiate the VNC connection (which fails) and send us the log (via support ticket)?

This way we can forward the communication log to Glavsoft (company writing TightVNC) to investigate.

Thanks,
Stefan

Sure, we always can put up a knowledge base article with some troubleshooting tips if a certain error occurs. I'm hesitant to implement "special error handling" based on generic error messages because in our experience this can also lead to confusion when that error occurs for a completely different reason. This has happened before and in the end we regretted the customized error message because the situation completely changed over time.

Thanks! I forwarded your logs to the vendor.

Login or Signup to post a comment