Start a new topic
Implemented

increase font size on the fly

Hello,

I'd like to see a zoom function for text based consoles to quickly temporary change the font size of a console without changing the setting. I mean e. g. like pressing ctrl and scrolling the mouse wheele in other consoles.

Kind Regards

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

thanks for the feedback. The next beta release will have that on board.

Stay tuned...

Regards,
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

where can I download the latest beta?

Hi Daniel,

we released V6 in the meantime where the feature shipped. Right now there's no beta available for V6 but you can download the latest V6 release here:

https://www.royalapps.com/ts/win/download

Note that V6 needs a new license key. Depending on your maintenance status you may get a free upgrade license or need to obtain a new one. To verify your maintenance status, you can register on our new customer portal (using the email address you used to purchase your license):

https://my.royalapps.com/Identity/Account/RegisterCustomer

Regards,
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

I updated to Version 6. I am not able to in-/decrease the font size in the by pressing ctrl and scroll the mouse wheel. Is there any thing I need to enable? Could not find any options regarding this.

Regards

Hi Daniel,

there's no setting/option you need to configure, it should just work. I tried it myself just now and it's working fine for me. Are you using the Rebex based Terminal or PuTTY? Are you using a standard mouse/trackpad or something with a dedicated driver (logitech)? I tried the trackpad on my Surface Laptop 4 and using the Logitech mouse and both are working as expected.

Regards,
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

I am using Rebex.  In general it seems to work but it is not really smooth. I need to scroll the wheel 11 steps to get one size smaller or larger. That's not really comfortable. I would expect to scroll just one step to increase or decrease the font size (e. g. like in browsers).

Hi Daniel,

I tested both, trackpad and mouse and found that the default setting was just too sensitive for trackpads which made it unusable. Unfortunately I can't reliably detect whether the user is using a mouse or a trackpad device but I increased the sensitivity a bit so that the mouse should only take 2 or 3 steps at most but still usable for trackpads. I hope this is a good compromise.

Regards,
Stefan

Ok, is the sensitivity something hardcoded or can it be changed individually?

The sensitivity value is not configurable and I would rather avoid having another setting for that. If the setting in the next release is still not good enough I may reconsider and make it configurable.

Sounds good.

Hi Stefan,

6.0.50805 behaves like that:

- scrolling the mouse wheel by 3 steps increases/decreases the font size by one step -> that's fine

- scrolling down increases,

scrolling up decreases the font size -> that's very uncommon. In browses, maps and several viewers it is vice versa. Could you think of switching?

Hi Daniel,

of course. The reversed direction is actually a bug. I tested using the Apple Trackpad with the "natural" scrolling enabled by mistake. Next release will have this fixed. Sorry about that!

Regards,
Stefan

Login or Signup to post a comment