Start a new topic

Key Sequence Broadcaster - option to interleave

Hi,

Our company just switched to Royal TS and we are already leveraging the Key Sequence Broadcaster function to automate a lot of our daily manual work that we used to do. We love it! For some scenario's the default behavior of executing the script sequentially on each server is just what we need.
For other scenario's we need each individual instruction to be executed on all servers before moving to the next instruction.

Let me try to explain with an example

Instructions

instruction1
instruction2

Server (aka targets)

Server1
Server2

By default this is what happens and works for most of our scenario's

server1 : instruction1
server1 : instruction2
server2 : instruction1
server2 : instruction2

For some automation task we need the following behavior which is also what we expected when we first start using this feature

server1 : instruction1
server2 : instruction1
server1 : instruction2
server2 : instruction2

Can you consider to add the option to "interleave"/"Parallelize" the instructions? It would help us a lot working around some of the issue we have at the moment.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Tom

Hello Stefan,

The live aspect wherein multiple servers are contacted at the same time (and not sequentially) is the property we need for some of our use cases indeed.

It is essential though that we can script the commands we send like we currently do with Key Sequence Broadcaster (KSB). Will that also be the case with live broadcasting?

Is there a timeline for the feature? Looking forward to see this feature land in RTS

> I'm not sure if we can implement something like that

With KSB you see RTS switching to the next server after all commands are finished.

Isn't it "just" (sorry) switching to the next server after each individual command?

Thank you, Tom

Hi Tom,

thank you for the feedback. I'm not sure if we can implement something like that but we do have a new feature on the horizon which may be helpful for you. In Royal TS V6 we have a "live" broadcasting feature where you can type in multiple terminals at the same time. This way you can execute each command in all opened connections simultaneously.

Regards,
Stefan

Login or Signup to post a comment