Start a new topic

Switching Between Favorite & Navigation Search Should Toggle Filter

I use favorites and have a few machines I connect to regularly. I will then have a few machines I use the navigation search box to find. Problem is I have to turn off the favorite view first and then the search filter work - because it's filtering/searching the favorite connections.

Wondering if it's possible that once the focus is in the navigation search box to turn off the other filters (active connections, inactive connections & favorites), and the same for when you click the favorite button to bypass what's in the navigation search box. 

I hope I've made myself clear - if you'd like clarification please let me know.

Cheers!

Hi Laurie,

thanks for the feedback. I'm really hesitant to change this behavior as many users may need/want exactly the behavior as it is. I may be able to get in some keyboard shortcuts to toggle the filter in the navigation panel. Would that be an acceptable solution?

Regards,
Stefan

Would an option in the settings be possible? So you can opt to keep the current behavior or switch to above suggestion? I would also settle for a shortcut to toggle active, inactive and favorite connections. 

Thanks for the fast reply Stefan.

Cheers,

Laurie

Hi Laurie,

I will put this on the list for V6. I'm not sure if the feature will make it but if there's time, we will implement it.

Regards,
Stefan

Login or Signup to post a comment