Start a new topic

Add support for simulated keypress in webform

Some web forms require a key up even to validate the input has been typed.  Please consider adding some kind of simulated keypress to go with the fill/focus/click options in a web form.  I knwo this can be simulated using autofill + keysequence combination.  It would be more convinient to have it in the form options.

Possibly even an option to fill as keystrokes instead of jsut filling the value.

Hi Shawn,

we updated our javascript for auto fill to simulate the keyboard events properly. The next release should behave better in those situations. Maybe you can try again once we have published the new release in the next week or two.

Regards,

Stefan

THanks for the quick fix Stefan

Per the update notes, a fix was put in place that should have been a solution for this, but the web forms that require key presses for input validation still fail to login until each field is focused and a key pressed once.

Hi Shawn,

we did improve the auto fill javascript and we knew it's not the silver bullet resolving all issues around that. Can you provide a public web site which doesn't work and requires the keyboard events?

Thanks,
Stefan

Stefan, I do not have an external site.  But one internal tool we use which is available publicly is called Splunk.  If you do not use this, you can obtain a free version from Splunk.com.  It is the login page for the tool, not for the splunk.com site.

Hi,

has there been any chance to test this out to see if the issue can be duplicated/fixed?

My colleague just pulled a 6.5.2 docker image and autologin works fine for me there.

We are currently using Version:7.2.6

I could repro the issue in 7.2.6. I'm not sure why the simulated keyboard event doesn't work for the password field in this case. For the username it's working. I think you should ask Splunk about that.

I did find a workaround though:

When you create configure a keysequence in addition like this:

Note that there's a blank between {LEFT} and {BACKSPACE}. Or simply paste the following:

{WAIT:1000}{TAB}{LEFT} {BACKSPACE}{ENTER}

i have already tried this originally.  For some reason when i have a Auto fill & Key Sequence combination.  It locks up my application.  I have reported this bug, but it is not reproducable on your end.

https://support.royalapplications.com/support/tickets/16896

I remember this ticket and I see it's closed. My last question wasn't answered: can you repro the lockup on a different machine? I think it's best to find out why it's locking up your machine. I tried this on 3 systems now and all worked fine. Also, are you on the latest build of Royal TS?

It appears the lock up issue went away, but this still does not work.  Whenever tab is hit it does nto register, when it does register it acts like ALT and brings up the menu in the application itself.  Also i noticed the first character of every keypress is missing.

FOr example if i have this below

{WAIT:1000}123456{TAB}ABCDEFG
it writes 23456BCDEFG

Yes i am on the latest build.  I did a windows update yesterday, and that fixed the issue with it locking up.

Hi Shawn,

WAIT:1000 (1s) is extrremely low and I guess that sending keystrokes before the window is ready starts to mess things up. Can you try to drastically increase the wait to make sure the page is ready to accept keyboard input? Like 6 or 8 seconds - just to test my theory?

Thanks,

Stefan

Login or Signup to post a comment