Start a new topic
Implemented

Coloring of syntax in SSH sessions

Dear,

it would be very helpfull if you could make it so that certain words in SSH session get a color.

It would also be nice if you could choose those words and colors freely or use a template such as 'Cisco network devices' or 'Linux distributions'.

Your competitors such as MobaXterm and Devolutions already have this possibility.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

5 people like this idea

Can I have an update on this, please?

Hi James, try to use sikulix.com It can automate any clicking ;-) Filip

I'm sorry for the confusion. The text highlighting configuration is in the current beta. Go to the Colors page and select the tab Text Highlighting.

Totally forgot, that I moved the configuration to the Colors page ;) Sorry about that...

Regards,
Stefan

one more thing: I expect you can change the default setting for your connection so all new connections will have your requirements. hope this help

It looks like these are only available for Rebex connections? Is there nothing for Putty based connections? We have well over 100 putty based connections, if Rebex is the only way, is there a way to bulk change our existing connections?

"It will catch "err", "error" but will also catch "overruns" because it has "err" in it. So it will catch anything with "err" anywhere in the word."

As |^err(\w*) is not working - you can add space before err and then it will not highlight overruns ie.

(?i)disable(\w*)|fail(\w*)| err(\w*)

Thanks Stefan,

This is great info, but it doesn't seem to allow me to change it to Rebex. When I bulk edit I am only allowed to change the terminal type within putty. For instance, I can change them to telnet or serial, but they're still putty based.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Adam

I'm happy to report that Royal TS 5.0 has been released and includes this feature.

For more information about the major new features of Royal TS 5.0, please head over to our https://www.royalapplications.com/ts/win/features-upgrade

Any news yet?

Hi,

we already started with the implementation. This is on the roadmap for the next major version. A schedule for a beta is not yet available, sorry.

Regards,
Stefan

Could be? I'm using 5.0.11009 and it is working for me. Is there a specific word that isn't working?

try add \b before word: \b(?i)disable(\w*)|\bfail(\w*)|\berr(\w*)

you are looking for:

hope this help ;)

Filip

Color schemes and highlighting of individual (custom) keywords based on regex are two separate things. Color schemes are already supported in Royal TS:

https://content.royalapplications.com/Help/RoyalTS/V4/index.html?reference_terminalrebex_colors.htm

You can even define your own color palette there.

This also applies to the PuTTY plugin.

Regards,
Stefan

Login or Signup to post a comment