Start a new topic
Implemented

RDP connect until success

I want to connect to a RDP connection until it is successful (e.g. server restart). There is currently no way to do this (support says). So I want to do a feature request for a future version of RoyalTS.

Thanks

Matthias

3 people like this idea

Just wondering if this has been implemented yet..

Thanks

Hi Tom,

it hasn't been implemented yet but it's still on our roadmap for V5. Stay tuned!

Regards,

Stefan

Hi, any Updates about this Feature? 

Its something i missing most and would be really, really Helpfull in my Workflows.

Greetings,

Norman

1. if a user disconnects a session from within the session it will not be considered as a failure and the automatic reconnect checkbox will be unchecked in this case (in fact, only disconnect reasons > 3 will result in checking the option)

The reconnect feature works better for me in Beta Builds before these changes.

Can u please give us an Option to enable Auto-check-reconnect also for Exit Codes < 2 

(Maybe a Checkbox in RDP Connection)

I would like the reconnect option for when I manually reboot servers.. I have version 5 of RoyalTS and have enabled the "Auto Reconnect on Disconnected Tab" option but when I manually reboot servers that check box isn't checked.

Thanks

I just released the beta with the first iteration of this feature. It's much harder to implement that I thought. The automatic reconnect should happen in the background and not grab the focus of the connection once it is successful. At the moment, RDP is the only connection which supports the new auto reconnect feature and you also need to configure Royal TS to keep remotely disconnected tabs open to make it work (you can find this setting under View -> Options -> Behavior). When a connection is disconnected remotely, the tab will change to the "disconnected" state and at the very bottom you will see a checkbox (by default checked) which counts down (currently 30 seconds) and tries to reconnect every 30 seconds. You can uncheck this box to stop automatic reconnect (check it again to enable it) und you can also hit Connect at any time to manually try to connect.

The new beta can be found here:

https://www.royalapplications.com/ts/win/features-beta

Should you experience any issues, let me know.

I fixed the reconnect part with having a Disconnect Task which has a timeout and then reconnects with 

Command ## C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe

Arguments ## "/c Timeout /T 30 && RoyalTS.exe /action:connect /donotactivate /protocol:rdp /using:uri /uri:$URI$"

Working Dir ## C:\Program Files (x86)\code4ward.net\Royal TS V4

Thanks for the feedback. The next release will have a plugin option to always enable autoreconnect by default for those cases. Stay tuned...

I would really appreciate this feature as well.  My scenario is that our office VPN will automatically drop a connection after 8 hours.  I'll have 5-10 RoyalTS RDP windows open, and when the VPN drops, even though I can reconnect within 60 seconds, RoyalTS goes through it's "Attempting Reconnect 1 of 3" and goes through those three attempts in less than 10 seconds.  Therefore, after reconnecting to the VPN, I have to re-establish my sessions to the the servers, and even though that only takes a minute or two, it's irritating to do that every single day.  If we could simply have it wait 30 seconds between each re-connection attempt (as opposed to the 5 seconds currently set for that), or have it attempt to reconnect perhaps 10 times instead of 3, that would solve my issue.

This feature is available in competitors' software (Devolutions RDM). Simple feature.

A couple of users complained about that feature interfering with certain "disconnect" reasons. As a result I tweaked the feature in two areas:

1. if a user disconnects a session from within the session it will not be considered as a failure and the automatic reconnect checkbox will be unchecked in this case (in fact, only disconnect reasons > 3 will result in checking the option)

2. The "new" automatic reconnect feature will be turned off by default and can be enabled for all RDP connections in the plugin settings for Remote Desktop. I feel I need more feedback which disconnect reason codes should be considered to automatically enable the reconnect option and which ones are better to ignore.

The next beta with the above tweaks will be available shortly...

A couple of users complained about that feature interfering with certain "disconnect" reasons. As a result I tweaked the feature in two areas:

2. The "new" automatic reconnect feature will be turned off by default and can be enabled for all RDP connections in the plugin settings for Remote Desktop. I feel I need more feedback which disconnect reason codes should be considered to automatically enable the reconnect option and which ones are better to ignore.

The next beta with the above tweaks will be available shortly...

If we could have it configurable instead of set number that would be better. 2 fields Number of retries or infinit. And delay before retrys.

Thanks for the feedback! Would that be a plugin level setting or a connection specific setting?
Login or Signup to post a comment