Start a new topic
Implemented

RDP connect until success

I want to connect to a RDP connection until it is successful (e.g. server restart). There is currently no way to do this (support says). So I want to do a feature request for a future version of RoyalTS.

Thanks

Matthias

3 people like this idea

This feature is available in competitors' software (Devolutions RDM). Simple feature.

Any input from RoyalTS team?

Hi,

thank you for the feedback and the feature request. This feature is already on our todo list but we cannot really tell when it will be available. As trivial this may seem, it's quite some work to make this a robust feature. But while we are here already, maybe you can help me to find the best way to implement that in Royal TS. Right now we are planning the following:

• Connect: when a connection attempt fails, a message box is shown and allows the user to tell Royal TS that it should quietly continue to connect in the background until the connection is up and running or until the user manually closes the tab.
  • Remote disconnect: when a connection is remotely disconnected, you can already configure Royal TS to keep the tab open. If that's the case, we can let Royal TS try to reconnect in the background until the connection is up again.
Would the above reflect the desired behavior?

Regards,
Stefan

2 people like this

Hi Stefan,

The ideas sounds great to me. :)

Thanks & regards

Matthias

Stefan,

Here's the scenario that I typically face this problem in. 

I'm rebooting a machine and the connection is closed to the remote (windows server) PC. That's fine. However, now I'd like to have the option to "connect when the machine comes back online." I'm assuming this is done by continuous ping and that once the machine responds, an attempt is made to then RDP back in.

Either of your two scenarios works as well. I'd say, take a look at Devolutions RDM to see their implementation. Its simple and stays in the background. Its integrated with their command tasks. A small window pops up and shows a few lines about the host being online (tested by constant ping) and if it can remote in. You can see a spinning/loading icon where it is attempting to connect.

Hope this helps!

I would like to request this feature as well.
I am often doing server maint that requires a reboot. If RTS could automatically reconnect that would be great. I already have RTS configured to keep the tab open when closing a connection, if there was a checkbox on the disconnected tab to auto reconnect when accessible again that would be awesome.

I wouldn't want every VM to auto reconnect all the time though. If I log off because I am done with a VM for the time being I don't want it to just pop back up indefinitely until I close the tab (I try to log out of servers rather than leave disconnected sessions on servers).

Thank you for the additional information, Jarel. This is very helpful!

+1 on this feature, is there any ETA?

Thanks for your vote, Raffaele. There's still no ETA but we hope to have that in V5...

Regards,
Stefan

Just wondering if this has been implemented yet..

Thanks

Hi Tom,

it hasn't been implemented yet but it's still on our roadmap for V5. Stay tuned!

Regards,

Stefan

Hi, any Updates about this Feature? 

Its something i missing most and would be really, really Helpfull in my Workflows.

Greetings,

Norman

I would really appreciate this feature as well.  My scenario is that our office VPN will automatically drop a connection after 8 hours.  I'll have 5-10 RoyalTS RDP windows open, and when the VPN drops, even though I can reconnect within 60 seconds, RoyalTS goes through it's "Attempting Reconnect 1 of 3" and goes through those three attempts in less than 10 seconds.  Therefore, after reconnecting to the VPN, I have to re-establish my sessions to the the servers, and even though that only takes a minute or two, it's irritating to do that every single day.  If we could simply have it wait 30 seconds between each re-connection attempt (as opposed to the 5 seconds currently set for that), or have it attempt to reconnect perhaps 10 times instead of 3, that would solve my issue.

If we could have it configurable instead of set number that would be better. 2 fields Number of retries or infinit. And delay before retrys.

Login or Signup to post a comment